Good morning foodies! Are you looking for an easy and delicious breakfast recipe that will fuel you for the day? Look no further than this chicken chive mozzarella omelette recipe! This omelette is packed with protein from the chicken and cheese, and bursts with flavor from the chives. It’s a simple and satisfying dish that you can whip up in no time. Let’s get cooking! We’ve made this chicken chive mozzarella omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk them together until the yolks and whites are fully combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of shredded cooked chicken, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh chives and 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and let it melt, coating the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and spread it out evenly.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom of the omelette is lightly browned and the top is mostly set.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the omelette in half.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are fully cooked.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, and serve hot.
How long does chicken chive mozzarella omelette last in the fridge?
Chicken chive mozzarella omelette can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. However, it is important to properly store the omelette in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to prevent contamination and moisture from entering. Additionally, it is recommended to reheat the omelette thoroughly before consuming to ensure it is safe to eat.
Low calorie chicken chive mozzarella omelette recipe substitutions
To make this Chicken Chive Mozzarella Omelette recipe lower in calories, a few substitutions could be made. Firstly, using egg whites instead of whole eggs can cut down on the amount of calories and cholesterol in the dish. Additionally, using a cooking spray instead of butter to coat the skillet can reduce the amount of fat and calories. To further reduce calories, less cheese could be used or a low-fat cheese alternative can be used. Lastly, using a lean protein such as diced turkey or tofu instead of the cooked chicken can also help to reduce the calorie count of this omelette. By implementing these substitutions, the omelette can be just as tasty while being lower in calories.
What to serve with a chicken chive mozzarella omelette?
There are several options to serve with a chicken chive mozzarella omelette. A side salad with greens, tomatoes, cucumber, and a light vinaigrette dressing would be a refreshing and healthy option. Alternatively, serving some roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes could add some heartiness to the meal, and a side of whole wheat toast or multigrain bread would be a great accompaniment. For a more substantial meal, serve with some grilled vegetables such as asparagus or zucchini for some extra flavor and nutrients.
Whats the best sauce for a chicken chive mozzarella omelette?
A tangy and flavorful sauce that would go well with a chicken chive mozzarella omelette is a simple hollandaise sauce. It is made with egg yolks, lemon juice, and butter, which complement the creamy texture and taste of the omelette. To make the hollandaise sauce, you can whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together, and then heat them in a double boiler while gradually adding melted butter. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy the savory goodness drizzled over your omelette.
Chicken chive mozzarella omelette health benefits
A chicken chive mozzarella omelette can provide various health benefits as it is loaded with protein from the chicken and eggs, calcium from the cheese, and important nutrients and antioxidants from the chives. Additionally, the dish is low in carbohydrates and can support weight loss goals. However, if you are looking for a healthier alternative, you can try a vegetable frittata made with spinach, peppers, and mushrooms for added fiber and nutrients.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette