Hello and welcome to Omelette Recipes! Today we have a delicious and satisfying recipe that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This recipe is a Turkey and Cheese Omelette that is easy to make and packed with protein. The combination of tender turkey pieces and melted cheese makes for a mouth-watering and nutritious dish. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this tasty Turkey and Cheese Omelette! We’ve made this turkey and cheese omelette easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked and chopped turkey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh herbs
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and whisk them until they are well beaten. Then, add salt and pepper to the eggs and whisk again to combine. Set the egg mixture aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Use a spatula to spread the melted butter evenly across the skillet.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and let it cook for about 30 seconds without stirring.
- Use a spatula to lift the edges of the omelette and allow the uncooked eggs to flow to the edges of the pan. Repeat this process a few times until the omelette is mostly cooked but still slightly runny on top.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of chopped turkey over one-half of the omelette.
- Using the spatula, fold the other half of the omelette over the cheese and turkey and press down gently.
- Cook the omelette for an additional 30 seconds to a minute until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked through.
- Use the spatula to slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot. If desired, garnish with freshly chopped herbs like parsley or chives.
- Enjoy your delicious turkey and cheese omelette!
How long does turkey and cheese omelette last in the fridge?
Turkey and cheese omelette can be stored in the fridge for up to four days after cooking. It is important to ensure that the omelette is stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly with plastic wrap to prevent air from entering. Before consuming, it is recommended to reheat the omelette thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure that any potentially harmful bacteria have been destroyed. If the omelette has any signs of spoilage or an off smell, it should be discarded immediately.
Low calorie turkey and cheese omelette substitutions
To make this turkey and cheese omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions you can try. First, you can opt for egg whites instead of the whole eggs to reduce the fat and calorie content. You can also use reduced-fat cheese or a smaller amount of cheese to decrease the calorie count. Instead of using butter, you can try a non-stick cooking spray to reduce the added fat. Additionally, you can use leaner protein options, such as turkey breast or chicken breast, instead of using full-fat turkey. Lastly, you can add more vegetables like spinach or mushrooms to bulk up the omelette without adding significant calories. By making these substitutions, you can still enjoy a delicious and satisfying omelette, but with fewer calories.
What to serve with turkey and cheese omelette?
There are several options that would pair well with a turkey and cheese omelette. You could serve it with some fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries or melon. A side salad with a light vinaigrette would also be a nice addition. Another option could be some roasted vegetables, like asparagus or sweet potatoes. Additionally, a slice of whole grain toast or an English muffin could be a great way to round out the meal.
Whats the best sauce for turkey and cheese omelette?
One of the best sauces for a turkey and cheese omelette is a simple combination of sriracha and mayonnaise. This sauce provides a perfect balance of creaminess, tanginess, and spiciness that pairs well with the savory flavors of the turkey and cheese. To make the sauce, simply whisk together equal parts sriracha and mayonnaise until smooth and well combined. Drizzle the sauce over the omelette and serve immediately for a delicious and satisfying breakfast meal.
Turkey and cheese omelette health benefits
Turkey and cheese omelette can be a healthy and nutritious breakfast option. Turkey is a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissues. It also contains vitamins B6 and B12, which are important for promoting healthy brain function and maintaining healthy blood cells. Cheese is a rich source of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth. It also contains vitamin D, which helps the body absorb calcium. Additionally, eggs are a good source of high-quality protein, vitamins, and minerals. Overall, turkey and cheese omelette is a delicious and nutritious meal that can provide a variety of health benefits.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette