Welcome to the delicious world of omelette recipes! Today, I am thrilled to share with you my latest creation: the chicken zucchini cheddar omelette. Packed with protein, nutrients, and flavor, this omelette is the perfect dish for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. Whether you are an experienced cook or a newbie in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and will guarantee to impress your family and friends. So, grab your apron and let’s get started! We’ve made this chicken zucchini cheddar omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
Here’s the HTML unordered list for the ingredients:“`HTML
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper; whisk the eggs until fully incorporated.
- Put a non-stick pan on medium heat and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add 1/4 cup of chopped zucchini to the pan and sauté for approximately 2-3 minutes until the zucchinis are soft and golden in color.
- Now add 1/4 cup of cooked chicken shredded, to the pan and continue to sauté for another couple of minutes.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the frying pan making sure the eggs form an even layer covering all of the ingredients in the pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the eggs and ingredients in the pan.
- Cook the omelette for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until the eggs become set at the bottom of the pan.
- Carefully fold the omelette in half, using a spatula, to cover the melted cheddar cheese inside the omelette.
- Keep cooking and flipping the omelette until it is cooked thoroughly.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, serve hot and enjoy your meal.
How long does chicken zucchini cheddar omelette last in the fridge?
Chicken zucchini cheddar omelette can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent bacterial growth. When reheating, it is recommended to heat the omelette in a skillet or microwave until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safe to eat. It is also advisable to consume the omelette within 24 hours of reheating.
Low calorie chicken zucchini cheddar omelette recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower in calories, some substitutions could be made. Firstly, using egg whites instead of whole eggs would reduce the calorie content while still maintaining the protein. Secondly, using skinless and boneless chicken breast instead of cooked chicken with skin would reduce the amount of fat. Thirdly, reducing the amount of cheddar cheese used or replacing it with a lower-fat cheese would further reduce the calorie and fat content. Finally, using a non-stick cooking spray instead of olive oil would reduce the overall calories in the dish. These simple substitutions can make the recipe a healthier option for those looking to reduce their calorie intake.
What to serve with chicken zucchini cheddar omelette?
There are many options to serve with chicken zucchini cheddar omelette. A simple side salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and vinaigrette can balance the richness of the omelette. For a heartier option, roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary or grilled asparagus with lemon and parmesan make great additions. Fresh fruit, such as sliced peaches or berries, can also provide a refreshing contrast to the savory omelette. Ultimately, the choice of side dish will depend on personal preference and the time of day the omelette is served.
Whats the best sauce for chicken zucchini cheddar omelette?
There are a few sauces that could work well with a chicken zucchini cheddar omelette, but my personal recommendation would be a garlic aioli or a homemade salsa. The garlic aioli adds a creamy, rich flavor that complements the savory chicken and zucchini, while the homemade salsa brings a fresh, tangy taste that pairs well with the melted cheddar cheese. Whichever sauce you choose, make sure to use it sparingly so as not to overpower the flavors of the omelette.
Chicken zucchini cheddar omelette health benefits
Eating a chicken zucchini cheddar omelette can provide several health benefits. Chicken is a good source of protein and contains essential nutrients such as vitamin B6 and phosphorus. Zucchini is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Cheddar cheese contains calcium and protein. When combined in an omelette, this dish makes for a filling and nutritious meal. However, it’s important to use portion control as the cheese and chicken can be high in fat and calories. If you’re looking for a healthier option, you could try making a vegetable omelette with spinach, mushrooms, and bell peppers. This would provide a variety of vitamins and minerals and is low in calories.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette