Welcome to the sweet side of deviled eggs! If you are a fan of the classic savory version but are looking to switch things up, then these sweet deviled eggs are the perfect recipe for you. With a creamy and sweet filling made of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, these eggs will satisfy any sweet tooth cravings. Plus, they are easy to make and a unique addition to any brunch or potluck spread. Get ready to wow your guests with this sweet and delicious take on deviled eggs! We’ve made this sweet deviled eggs easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 6 large eggs
- ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch paprika, for garnish
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover them with water.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat and let the eggs sit for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
- When the eggs are done, remove them from the hot water and immediately transfer them to the ice bath. Let them sit for 5-10 minutes, or until completely cool.
- Once the eggs are cool, peel them and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and put them in a bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork or a pastry blender until they resemble powder.
- To the bowl with the yolks, add the mayonnaise, sugar, honey mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir well until all ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture, using a spoon or a piping bag. Lightly sprinkle some paprika on top of each egg for garnish.
- Chill the eggs in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
How long does sweet deviled eggs last in the fridge?
Sweet deviled eggs should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can last for up to five days. It is important to make sure the eggs are fully cooked and to use fresh ingredients when preparing the filling. The longer they are stored, the more the texture may change and the flavors may blend together. When serving, make sure to thoroughly inspect and discard any eggs that show signs of spoilage, such as an off smell or sliminess. When in doubt, it is always best to err on the side of caution and discard any eggs that may have gone bad.
Low calorie sweet deviled eggs substitutions
To make this Sweet Deviled Eggs recipe lower in calories, you can substitute some of the ingredients with healthier options. Instead of regular mayonnaise, you can use low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise, which will significantly reduce the calories. You can also replace white sugar with a natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup. To further cut down on the calories, you can use low-fat Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. Additionally, you can omit the paprika garnish, which adds minimal nutritional value, and opt for a sprinkle of herbs or chopped vegetables instead. These substitutions will help to decrease the overall calorie count of the recipe while maintaining its flavor and texture.
What to serve with sweet deviled eggs?
Sweet deviled eggs are an interesting twist on the classic deviled eggs dish. They can be served as a side dish or appetizer and are perfect for a party or family gathering. Since they have a sweet flavor, it is best to serve them with savory dishes that complement their taste. Bacon-wrapped asparagus, cheese and cracker platter, fresh vegetables with dip, or mini quiches are great choices. You can also serve them with fruit platter or a salad to balance their sweetness. The presentation of the dish matters, so consider using colorful plates or serving trays to make them more appealing. Ultimately, it is up to your personal taste and preference, so be creative and have fun with your menu selection.
Whats the best sauce for sweet deviled eggs?
The best sauce for sweet deviled eggs would be a combination of honey mustard and mayonnaise. Start by mixing 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon honey mustard in a bowl. Then add 1 tablespoon honey and 1/4 teaspoon salt, whisk until evenly combined. Taste test the sauce to adjust the sweetness. Drizzle the sauce over the deviled eggs and sprinkle with paprika or chopped herbs as desired. The sweetness from the honey and tanginess from the mustard blend well together and complement the flavors of the eggs.
Sweet deviled eggs health benefits
Unfortunately, sweet deviled eggs are not typically considered a healthy food option, as they are often high in sugar and cholesterol due to the addition of sweet ingredients like sugar, honey, or sweetened condensed milk. Deviled eggs in general can be a healthy option when made with healthier ingredients such as Greek yogurt or avocado instead of mayonnaise, and without added sugars. Eggs are a good source of protein and healthy fats, while also containing important nutrients like vitamin D and choline, which is important for brain health. However, it’s best to enjoy deviled eggs in moderation and opt for a healthier version.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette