Welcome to Omelette Recipes! If you’re looking for a delicious and easy breakfast option, look no further than our chive mozzarella omelette recipe. This dish is the perfect combination of creamy melted cheese and fresh, flavorful chives, all nestled in a fluffy omelette. With just a few simple steps, you can whip up this satisfying meal in no time. So let’s get cracking and make a delicious chive mozzarella omelette! We’ve made this chive mozzarella omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack three eggs into a small bowl. Add in two tablespoons of finely chopped chives, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk everything together until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Swirl the pan to ensure that the melted butter evenly coats the bottom.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Use a spatula to smooth out the mixture and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Let the eggs cook for about two minutes, or until the bottom is set and lightly golden.
- Sprinkle a half cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over one half of the omelette.
- Use a spatula to carefully fold the omelette in half, so that the cheese is enveloped by the eggs.
- Let the omelette cook for another minute or two, so that the cheese melts and the eggs are individually firm and hold their shape.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, and serve hot. Enjoy your delicious chive mozzarella omelette!
How long does chive mozzarella omelette last in the fridge?
An omelette made from chive and mozzarella can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3 to 4 days. However, it is important to make sure that the omelette is properly stored in an airtight container or covered with cling wrap to prevent it from drying out or picking up any odors or flavors from other foods in the fridge. It’s important to note that reheating omelette should be done properly to prevent any bacterial growth or food poisoning. The omelette can be reheated in a microwave or on the stovetop, making sure it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F before consumption.
Low calorie chive mozzarella omelette recipe substitutions
To make this chive mozzarella omelette recipe lower calorie, several substitutions could be made. Firstly, using only egg whites or a combination of egg whites and a yolk could reduce the calorie count. Secondly, using a cooking spray instead of butter and reducing the amount of cheese or replacing it with a lower calorie cheese could reduce caloric intake. Alternatively, using lower-fat milk or a milk alternative, such as almond milk, as a replacement for the egg mixture could also lower the calorie count. Finally, depending on personal taste, reducing the amount of chives or adding additional low-calorie vegetables, such as spinach or mushrooms, could make the recipe even lower calorie while maintaining its taste and nutritional value.
What to serve with a chive mozzarella omelette?
There are several options to serve with a chive mozzarella omelette. Some great options includes a side of roasted baby potatoes or a simple green salad. Additionally, you can serve it with a slice of whole grain bread, fresh fruit, or avocado slices. If you are looking for a heartier meal, you can add some sausage or bacon on the side. Coffee, tea, or orange juice is always a perfect option to go alongside this delicious breakfast dish.
Whats the best sauce for a chive mozzarella omelette?
The best sauce for a chive mozzarella omelette would be a light and tangy hollandaise sauce. The creamy texture and subtle acidity of the hollandaise will complement the richness of the omelette and bring out the flavors of the chives and mozzarella. Another good option would be a homemade salsa or a simple tomato sauce, which would provide a refreshing contrast to the cheesiness of the omelette. However, if you prefer a sweeter taste, a drizzle of honey-mustard sauce or honey-balsamic glaze would also work well. Ultimately, the choice of sauce will depend on your personal preference and the overall flavor profile you want to achieve.
Chive mozzarella omelette health benefits
Chive mozzarella omelette offers several health benefits as it is high in protein and essential vitamins and minerals. Eggs provide a complete source of protein with all the essential amino acids, which is important for muscle growth and repair. The chives in the omelette offer anti-inflammatory and disease-fighting properties, while mozzarella cheese provides calcium and vitamin D for stronger bones and teeth. However, if someone is lactose intolerant or concerned about consuming too much saturated fat, a healthier alternative would be a vegetable omelette made with egg whites or a tofu scramble with mixed vegetables.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette