Hello and welcome to our recipe for delicious egg cutlets! If you’re looking for a tasty and easy breakfast or snack option, then you’ve come to the right place. This recipe is perfect for those who love eggs and want to try something new. With just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal that will leave you feeling full and energized. So let’s get started on making these egg cutlets! We’ve made this egg cutlets easy to follow 👨🍳.
- Hard-boiled eggs 4, shelled and ﬁnely chopped
- Cooked white rice 2 Tbsp
- Fresh white breadcrumbs 2 Tbsp
- Grated Cheddar cheese 2 Tbsp
- Chopped fresh parsley 1 Tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Egg 1, white and yolk separated
- Dried white breadcrumbs 2 Tbsp
- Butter 60 g (2 oz)
- In a large bowl, mix together 4 finely chopped hard-boiled eggs, 2 tablespoons of cooked white rice, 2 tablespoons of fresh white breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of grated Cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper with a fork.
- Stir in 1 egg yolk and combine well. Shape mixture into small cutlets.
- Beat 1 egg white lightly. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat cutlets with egg white, then roll them in 2 tablespoons of dried breadcrumbs.
- In a pan, melt 60g of butter over moderate heat. When foam subsides, place cutlets in pan and fry for 6–8 minutes or until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove cutlets from pan, drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately.
How long does egg cutlets last in the fridge?
Egg cutlets can typically be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days after cooking. To ensure that they stay fresh and safe to eat, it’s important to store them in an airtight container. If you plan to keep them for longer than 3-4 days, it’s recommended that you freeze them instead. When reheating the cutlets, it’s important to do so thoroughly, to an internal temperature of 165°F, to ensure that any harmful bacteria has been killed. Additionally, it’s a good idea to use your senses to check for any signs of spoilage, such as a funky smell or slimy texture, before consuming the cutlets.
Low calorie egg cutlets substitutions
To make this Egg Cutlets recipe lower in calories, there are several substitutions that can be made. Using egg whites instead of the whole egg in the recipe will reduce the calorie content, and replacing the Cheddar cheese with a lower-fat alternative, such as skim milk cheese, can also save calories. In addition, using whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of white breadcrumbs will provide added nutrients and fiber while reducing overall calories. Swapping butter with a cooking spray or a small amount of olive oil can also reduce the calorie content of this dish. These substitutions can help create a healthier and lower-calorie version of Egg Cutlets.
What to serve with egg cutlets?
Egg cutlets are a versatile and delicious snack that can be served on their own or with a variety of sides depending on personal taste. Some popular options to serve with egg cutlets include potato fries, green salad, steamed vegetables, bread rolls, or dipping sauces such as ketchup, mayonnaise, or mint chutney. For a more filling meal, egg cutlets can also be served with rice or noodles. Ultimately, the choice of what to serve with egg cutlets depends on personal preference and the occasion.
Whats the best sauce for egg cutlets?
The best sauce for egg cutlets can vary depending on personal preference, but a classic tomato-based sauce is a popular choice. A simple marinara sauce made with crushed tomatoes, garlic, and basil can add a burst of flavor to the egg cutlets. A creamy béchamel sauce made with milk, flour, and butter can also complement the rich texture of the egg cutlets. Another option is a tangy lemon butter sauce made with butter, lemon juice, and fresh herbs like parsley or thyme. Ultimately, the best sauce for egg cutlets is one that enhances the flavors of the dish and satisfies your taste buds.
Egg cutlets health benefits
Egg cutlets are a delicious and nutritious snack that offer various health benefits. Eggs are an excellent source of high-quality protein and are also loaded with essential vitamins and minerals including vitamin B12, choline, selenium, and vitamin D. The combination of protein, vitamins, and minerals found in egg cutlets helps to support and maintain healthy muscle mass, improve brain function, strengthen the immune system, and promote healthy bone development. Additionally, egg cutlets can help to promote satiety and reduce cravings for unhealthy snacks, making them an excellent option for individuals looking to maintain a healthy weight. Overall, egg cutlets offer a wide range of health benefits and make for a delicious and convenient snack option.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette