Welcome to the ultimate breakfast treat recipe! These eggs n bacon cupcakes are a unique and delicious twist on the classic morning omelette. Perfect for busy mornings when you’re on-the-go, or for a leisurely weekend brunch, these savory cupcakes are easy to make and packed with protein. The combination of crispy bacon, fluffy eggs, and cheesy goodness will have your taste buds singing with every bite. Let’s get started and make some delicious eggs n bacon cupcakes! We’ve made this eggs n bacon cupcake easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 red potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 bulbs shallots, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 roma (plum) tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and sliced (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Peel and grate 2 red potatoes. Chop 2 bulbs shallots. In a large skillet, fry 6 slices of chopped bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Drain off half of the bacon grease. Transfer the bacon and remaining grease to a large bowl. Stir in the shredded potato, shallot and 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Divide this mixture evenly between the muffin cups. Pour 8 beaten eggs into each cup, filling to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the egg is firm, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set the dial to Broil.
- Thinly slice 1 roma (plum) tomato and place a slice onto each cupcake and return to the oven. Broil for about 3 minutes, or until toasted.
- Allow to cool slightly, then arrange the cupcakes on a tray and top each one with a slice avocado, if using.
How long does eggs n bacon cupcake last in the fridge?
Eggs and bacon cupcakes can generally be stored in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store them in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap to maintain their freshness. These cupcakes can also be frozen for up to a month, but it is recommended to consume them within two weeks for the best taste and texture. If you notice any signs of spoilage such as an off smell, discoloration, or mold, it is best to discard the cupcakes to avoid any potential foodborne illnesses.
Low calorie eggs n bacon cupcake substitutions
To make this Eggs n Bacon Cupcake recipe lower calorie, there are several substitutions that can be made. Firstly, you can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon as it has fewer calories and less fat. Another option is to substitute some of the eggs with egg whites, which will significantly reduce the calorie and fat content of the recipe. Additionally, you can replace the Parmesan cheese with low-fat cottage cheese or a similar lower calorie cheese alternative. Finally, you can reduce the amount of potatoes and increase the number of vegetables to increase the fiber content and decrease the calorie content of the recipe. Overall, making these substitutions will significantly reduce the calorie content of Eggs n Bacon Cupcake while still maintaining its delicious taste.
What to serve with eggs n bacon cupcake?
There are many delicious options to serve with eggs and bacon cupcakes, depending on your personal tastes. Some suggestions might include fresh fruit like sliced strawberries or blueberries, roasted potatoes or sweet potato fries, a crisp green salad, or toasted bread with butter or jam. For a heartier breakfast or brunch option, you could also consider pairing the cupcakes with a side of sausage links or hash browns. Ultimately, the best accompaniments will depend on your preferences and the occasion, so get creative and enjoy!
Whats the best sauce for eggs n bacon cupcake?
The best sauce for eggs and bacon cupcakes is a creamy hollandaise sauce. The rich, buttery flavor of the sauce complements the savory flavor of the bacon and the egg perfectly. It also adds a touch of elegance to the dish, making it perfect for a special brunch or an upscale breakfast. To make the hollandaise sauce, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt over a double boiler. Slowly add melted butter while continuing to whisk until the mixture thickens. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve immediately drizzled over the eggs and bacon cupcakes.
Eggs n bacon cupcake health benefits
Unfortunately, eggs n bacon cupcake does not have significant health benefits as it is typically made with refined flour, sugar, and high amounts of saturated fats. While eggs and bacon themselves can be a source of protein and healthy fats, the overall nutritional value of the cupcake is low. It is important to consume such food items in moderation and pair them with other nutrient-dense foods like fruits and vegetables to maintain a balanced and healthy diet.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette