Good morning, egg lovers! Today I have a mouthwatering recipe that will kick start your day with a burst of flavors – bacon basil mozzarella omelette. This sleek and savory dish takes your usual omelette up a notch with crispy bacon, fresh basil, and gooey mozzarella cheese. It’s the perfect breakfast recipe to satisfy your taste buds and fuel your body for the day. So, let’s get cooking! We’ve made this bacon basil mozzarella omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
Sure, here’s the HTML code for the ingredient list as an unordered list:“`html
- 3 slices of bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
“` Note: This is just the HTML code for an unordered list and does not include any other HTML tags or elements that may be necessary to create a complete HTML document.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. This should take around 8-10 minutes. When done, remove the bacon from the skillet and drain it on a paper towel. You want to remove as much grease as possible, so go ahead and pat it with the paper towel to ensure that it is dry before using it in the omelette.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, chopped basil, shredded mozzarella, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Return the skillet to the stove and melt the butter over medium heat. Swirl it around to ensure that the entire surface of the skillet is coated with butter.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the edges start to set. During this process, use a spatula to gently drag the cooked part of the eggs towards the center of the skillet. This will allow the uncooked part of the eggs to flow out to the edges where it can cook more quickly.
- When the eggs are almost set, crumble the cooked bacon on one side of the omelette. You can use as much or as little bacon as you like.
- Fold the other side of the omelette over the bacon and slide it onto a plate. To do this, use a spatula to loosen the edges of the omelette from the skillet. Then use the same spatula to gently fold one side of the omelette over the bacon. Slide the entire omelette onto a plate by tilting the skillet and using gravity to help guide the omelette onto the plate.
- Serve hot and enjoy! If desired, you can garnish the omelette with some extra chopped basil or additional shredded mozzarella cheese.
How long does bacon basil mozzarella omelette last in the fridge?
It is generally safe to store a bacon basil mozzarella omelette in the fridge for up to four days after cooking. However, it’s important to ensure that the omelette is stored in an airtight container to prevent contamination and to help preserve its quality. It’s also best to allow the omelette to cool to room temperature before placing it in the fridge, as this will help prevent moisture from building up and potentially spoiling the dish. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F to avoid foodborne illness.
Low calorie bacon basil mozzarella omelette recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, you could substitute turkey bacon for regular bacon, as it is typically lower in calories and fat. You could also use egg whites or a combination of egg whites and whole eggs instead of all whole eggs to lower the calorie and cholesterol content. To reduce the amount of cheese, you could use a lower-fat cheese or use less cheese overall. Finally, you could use a non-stick cooking spray instead of butter to reduce the amount of added fat. All of these substitutions would help to make the recipe lower calorie and healthier overall.
What to serve with a bacon basil mozzarella omelette?
A great side dish to serve with a bacon basil mozzarella omelette is a slice of whole grain toast or roasted potatoes. These options provide a satisfying crunch that pairs well with the soft texture of the omelette. You could also consider adding some fresh fruit on the side for a touch of sweetness that balances out the savory flavors of the omelette. Alternatively, a small salad of mixed greens with a light vinaigrette dressing could provide a refreshing contrast to the rich flavors of the omelette.
Whats the best sauce for a bacon basil mozzarella omelette?
For a bacon basil mozzarella omelette, the best sauce to complement the flavors would be a homemade tomato sauce. Simply sauté garlic and onions in olive oil, add canned tomatoes, a pinch of sugar, salt, and pepper and let it simmer until it thickens. Add in some fresh basil towards the end to enhance the herbaceous notes in the omelette. The acidity in the tomato sauce perfectly balances the richness of the eggs and cheese, while also adding a bit of tanginess to the bacon.
Bacon basil mozzarella omelette health benefits
While bacon, basil, and mozzarella are all delicious ingredients, an omelette made with these items would not be considered particularly healthy. Bacon is high in saturated fat and sodium, which can increase the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though basil is a nutrient-dense herb, the small amount used in an omelette wouldn’t provide significant health benefits. Mozzarella cheese is high in calories, saturated fat, and cholesterol. A healthier omelette recipe could incorporate veggies like spinach, peppers, or onions, which are high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. You could also consider using egg whites instead of whole eggs to reduce calories and cholesterol. By choosing healthier ingredients, you can create an omelette that’s not only delicious but also packed with nutrients.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette