Welcome to our delicious recipe for bacon bell pepper gouda omelette! This savory and satisfying breakfast dish is perfect for those who love a hearty and flavorful start to their day. With crispy bacon, sweet bell peppers, and creamy gouda cheese, this omelette is sure to become a new favorite. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or for a crowd, this recipe is easy to follow and will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. So let’s get started and make this delicious bacon bell pepper gouda omelette! We’ve made this bacon bell pepper gouda omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the chopped bacon in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the diced bell pepper to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened. Remove from the skillet and set aside with the bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Once melted, pour in the egg mixture and let cook for 1-2 minutes until the edges start to set.
- Using a spatula, gently lift the edges of the omelette and let the uncooked egg flow underneath to cook.
- Once the top of the omelette is mostly set, sprinkle the shredded gouda cheese, bacon, and bell pepper over one half of the omelette.
- Using the spatula, fold the other half of the omelette over the filling and let cook for another 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted and the eggs are fully cooked.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
How long does bacon bell pepper gouda omelette last in the fridge?
Bacon bell pepper gouda omelette can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days. It is important to store the omelette in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any unwanted odors from other foods in the fridge. When reheating the omelette, it is recommended to use a microwave or oven to ensure that it is heated evenly throughout. It is important to note that if the omelette has been left at room temperature for more than 2 hours, it should be discarded to avoid the risk of foodborne illness.
Low calorie bacon bell pepper gouda omelette recipe substitutions
To make this Bacon Bell Pepper Gouda Omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, turkey bacon can be used instead of regular bacon, which is lower in calories and fat. Secondly, using egg whites instead of whole eggs can significantly reduce the calorie count. Thirdly, reducing the amount of cheese used or using a low-fat cheese can also help cut down on calories. Finally, using a non-stick cooking spray instead of butter can further reduce the calorie count. By making these substitutions, the omelette can still be delicious while being lower in calories.
What to serve with a bacon bell pepper gouda omelette?
There are several options to serve with a bacon bell pepper gouda omelette. One option is to serve it with a side of toast or a bagel. Another option is to serve it with a side of fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries or a fruit salad. For a heartier meal, you could serve it with roasted potatoes or hash browns. Additionally, a side of sautéed spinach or roasted asparagus would add some greens to the meal. Ultimately, the choice of side dish will depend on personal preference and the time of day the omelette is being served.
Whats the best sauce for a bacon bell pepper gouda omelette?
The best sauce for a bacon bell pepper gouda omelette would be a simple hollandaise sauce. The rich and creamy texture of the hollandaise sauce complements the smoky flavor of the bacon and the sweetness of the bell peppers. To make the hollandaise sauce, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk continuously until the mixture thickens. Slowly drizzle in melted butter while whisking until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Serve the hollandaise sauce over the omelette for a delicious and satisfying breakfast.
Bacon bell pepper gouda omelette health benefits
While bacon bell pepper gouda omelette can be a delicious breakfast option, it is not the healthiest choice due to its high fat and sodium content. However, bell peppers are a good source of vitamin C and antioxidants, and eggs provide protein and essential nutrients. To make a healthier omelette, consider using egg whites instead of whole eggs, adding more vegetables such as spinach or mushrooms, and using a low-fat cheese option. This will increase the nutrient density of the dish while reducing the overall calorie and fat content.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette