Hello and welcome to omelette recipes! If you’re looking for a recipe that’s hearty and bursting with flavor, then you’re in the right place. Today, we’ll be showing you how to make a delicious Chorizo Mushroom Cheddar Omelette that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or any time of the day. Made with spicy chorizo, succulent mushrooms, and gooey cheddar cheese, this omelette is sure to satisfy your cravings. So, let’s get started and whip up this amazing dish! We’ve made this chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack 2 large eggs into a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper into the bowl.
- Put 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter into a non-stick skillet. Turn on the heat to medium.
- Once the butter melts, add 2 ounces of chorizo sausage into the skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms into the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes until the chorizo and mushrooms start to brown.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chorizo and mushrooms in the skillet.
- Use a spatula to lift the edges of the cooked omelette to let the uncooked egg flow underneath. Keep repeating this step until the omelette is almost cooked through.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese onto one half of the omelette and let the cheese melt.
- Using the spatula, fold the other half of the omelette over the melted cheese half.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the omelette is cooked to your liking.
- Move the omelette to a serving plate and enjoy!
How long does chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette last in the fridge?
The chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to allow the omelette to cool completely before storing to avoid condensation and bacterial growth. To reheat the omelette, simply place it in a microwave-safe dish, cover with a lid or microwave-safe wrap, and heat in 30-second intervals until heated through. It is not recommended to freeze the omelette as the texture may become rubbery once thawed.
Low calorie chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette recipe substitutions
To make the Chorizo Mushroom Cheddar Omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that could be made. Firstly, using egg whites instead of whole eggs can significantly reduce the calorie content while still maintaining protein. Secondly, using a low-fat or non-stick cooking spray instead of butter can cut out some calories. Thirdly, replacing the chorizo with turkey sausage or lean ham and reducing the amount by half can also reduce the calorie count. Finally, using lower-fat cheese or reducing the amount of cheese in the recipe would make a calorie difference. These substitutions would make a difference without compromising the taste much. Adding vegetables such as spinach, onions, or bell peppers would also add nutrition and fewer calories.
What to serve with chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette?
A great side dish to serve with chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette would be a simple salad with greens like arugula or spinach, topped with a light vinaigrette dressing. Another option would be roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes seasoned with herbs like rosemary and thyme, or even some sautéed bell peppers and onions. To add a bit more protein, you could also serve some cooked bacon or sliced sausage on the side. Regardless of what you choose, be sure to keep the flavors complementary and balanced.
Whats the best sauce for chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette?
The best sauce for a chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette would be a spicy tomato salsa or a tangy roasted red pepper sauce. The spice from the chorizo and the earthiness of the mushrooms will pair perfectly with the bold flavors of the sauce. Alternatively, a creamy avocado sauce or a tangy sour cream sauce could also work well to balance out the richness of the cheese and provide a cool contrast to the warm omelette. Overall, it’s important to choose a sauce that complements the flavors in the omelette without overpowering them.
Chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette health benefits
Unfortunately, chorizo mushroom cheddar omelette is not a particularly healthy dish. Chorizo is a type of sausage that is high in sodium and saturated fat, while cheddar cheese is also high in saturated fat. While mushrooms are a healthy addition, the negatives of the other ingredients outweigh the positives. However, a healthier alternative could be a spinach and feta omelette with roasted tomatoes and avocado on the side. This dish is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, with spinach providing essential minerals like iron and magnesium, while feta cheese is lower in fat than other types of cheese. The roasted tomatoes add a natural sweetness and plenty of vitamin C, while avocado is high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette