Welcome to this delicious ham, bell pepper, and cheddar omelette recipe! Combining the savory taste of ham with the sweetness of bell peppers and the creaminess of cheddar cheese, this dish will become an instant hit at breakfast or brunch. It’s also a versatile omelette that you can customize with your favorite ingredients. Ready to elevate your breakfast game? Let’s get started! We’ve made this ham bell pepper cheddar omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack 3 large eggs into a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, then beat the eggs together until the yolks and whites are evenly combined.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter to it. Let the butter melt and coat the entire skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup of diced ham and 1/4 cup of diced green bell pepper to the skillet. Cook them for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables become tender. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and let it cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the edges start to set. Use a spatula to move the edges of the egg mixture towards the center of the skillet.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the omelette.
- Using the spatula, gently fold one half of the omelette over the other to create a semi-circle shape. Continue cooking the omelette for another 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown and the inside of the omelette is fully cooked.
- Carefully slide the omelette onto a serving plate and serve hot.
How long does ham bell pepper cheddar omelette last in the fridge?
Ham, bell pepper, and cheddar omelette can be stored in the fridge after cooking, however, it is recommended to consume it within 3-4 days of preparation. To properly store the omelette, allow it to cool to room temperature, cover it with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container, and keep it in the refrigerator. Reheating the omelette is recommended in a microwave or oven before consuming. It should be noted that the quality of the omelette may decrease the longer it is kept in the fridge.
Low calorie ham bell pepper cheddar omelette recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, instead of using 3 large eggs, you can use 2 large eggs and 1/4 cup egg whites. Secondly, you can reduce the amount of diced ham from 1/4 cup to 2 tablespoons. Additionally, you can replace the butter with cooking spray or 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Finally, you can use reduced-fat cheddar cheese or reduce the amount to 2 tablespoons. All of these substitutions can lower the overall calorie count of the omelette without sacrificing too much on the taste.
What to serve with ham bell pepper cheddar omelette?
There are many delicious options to serve with a ham, bell pepper, and cheddar omelette. Here are a few suggestions: 1) Toast with butter and jam or jelly for a simple and classic pairing. 2) A side of fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries, melon, or grapes, will add a refreshing touch to the meal. 3) For a heartier option, consider serving some roasted potatoes or lightly dressed greens salad. Alternatively, you could also opt for some sautéed mushrooms or grilled tomatoes to complement the flavors of the omelette. Ultimately, the choice will depend on your personal preferences and the occasion for which you’re serving the meal.
Whats the best sauce for ham bell pepper cheddar omelette?
There are many sauce options that would complement a ham, bell pepper, cheddar omelette, but one classic and delicious choice is hollandaise sauce. This rich, buttery sauce is made by whisking together egg yolks, lemon juice, and melted butter until it thickens and forms a smooth emulsion. Its subtle tanginess and creamy texture pair perfectly with the salty ham and sharp cheddar flavors in the omelette, and the vibrant colors and flavors of the bell peppers add a fresh, tasty element to the dish. To serve, simply spoon the hollandaise sauce over the top of the omelette, garnish with chopped chives or parsley if desired, and enjoy!
Ham bell pepper cheddar omelette health benefits
A ham, bell pepper, and cheddar omelette can be a nutritious and satisfying meal. The bell peppers are a great source of Vitamin C, which is an important antioxidant that supports a healthy immune system. The ham is a good source of protein, which can help to build and repair muscles and tissues in the body. The cheddar cheese provides calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth. However, this recipe can be high in saturated fat and sodium depending on the types of ham and cheese used. To make a healthier version, you could use turkey or chicken in place of the ham, reduce the amount of cheese, and add more veggies such as spinach or mushrooms for added nutrients.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette