Welcome to another mouth-watering recipe on Omelette Recipes! Today I am going to share with you an easy and delicious recipe for bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette. This omelette is loaded with crispy bacon, tender artichoke hearts, and gooey melted mozzarella cheese, making it the perfect dish for a weekend brunch or a quick weekday breakfast. So, let’s get started and create this savory and satisfying breakfast treat! We’ve made this bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- Bacon (4 slices)
- Artichoke hearts (1/2 cup, drained and chopped)
- Mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup, shredded)
- Eggs (3)
- Milk (1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Butter (1 tablespoon)
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until it becomes crispy. Remove from skillet and crumble it.
- Add the artichoke hearts to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside with the bacon.
- Take a mixing bowl and beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until they are well-combined.
- In the same skillet used to cook the bacon and artichokes, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the edges start to set.
- Lift the edges of the omelette and allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath the set edges until the top of the omelette is nearly set.
- Add the bacon crumbles, artichokes, and shredded mozzarella cheese on top of one half of the omelette. Fold the other half over the filling.
- Cook for an additional minute or until the cheese is melted, and the omelette is fully cooked.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, serve hot and enjoy!
How long does bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette last in the fridge?
The bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days. However, it’s important to store it properly in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent moisture and odors from seeping in. Reheat the omelette in a microwave or stove until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F before serving. Discard the omelette if it shows any signs of spoilage such as a foul odor or sliminess.
Low calorie bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette recipe substitutions
To make this bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette recipe lower in calories, you could consider using turkey bacon instead of regular bacon to cut back on fat and calories. Additionally, you could opt for reduced-fat mozzarella cheese or reduce the amount of cheese used in the recipe altogether. Using egg whites instead of whole eggs or reducing the number of eggs used can also help to lower the overall calorie count of this dish. Finally, using a non-stick cooking spray instead of butter can help reduce the amount of fat and calories in the recipe. By incorporating these substitutions, you can create a healthier version of this recipe without sacrificing too much on flavor.
What to serve with a bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette?
For a delicious and filling breakfast or brunch, I would suggest serving the bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette with some lightly buttered toast or sliced avocado on the side. You could also add a simple side salad of mixed greens with a balsamic vinaigrette to add some freshness and balance to the rich flavors of the omelette. If you’re looking for something heartier, crispy hash browns or roasted potatoes would also make a great accompaniment to this dish. Whatever you choose, be sure to enjoy the savory goodness of this tasty omelette!
Whats the best sauce for a bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette?
The best sauce for a bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette would be a light and tangy lemon sauce. A simple recipe for this sauce involves whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. The lemon sauce complements the rich and savory flavors of the bacon and mozzarella, while also balancing the earthy taste of the artichokes. The fresh and citrusy flavor of the sauce adds a bright and refreshing touch to the dish, making it a perfect breakfast or brunch option.
Bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette health benefits
Eating bacon artichoke mozzarella omelette can provide some nutrients such as protein, iron, calcium, and vitamin D. However, it is also high in saturated fat and sodium, which can increase the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure. Therefore, it is recommended to consume this dish in moderation as part of a balanced diet. To make a healthier alternative, you can try making a veggie omelet with spinach, bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes. This can provide fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants with less saturated fat and sodium.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette