Welcome to our ham artichoke mozzarella omelette recipe! If you’re looking for a filling and tasty breakfast option, look no further than this delicious combination of savory ham, tangy artichokes, and gooey melted mozzarella cheese. This omelette is sure to become a staple in your breakfast repertoire, so let’s get started! We’ve made this ham artichoke mozzarella omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of diced ham
- 1/4 cup of diced artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk 4 large eggs in a bowl until the yolks and whites are fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of diced ham and 1/4 cup of diced artichoke hearts to the skillet and cook until they start to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to the skillet and make sure it covers the bottom. Once the butter has melted, pour in the whisked eggs and let them cook for about 30 seconds.
- Using a spatula, lift the edges of the omelette and let the uncooked eggs flow to the bottom of the skillet. Do this a few times until the omelette is mostly cooked.
- Add the ham, artichoke hearts, and 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese to one half of the omelette. Use the spatula to fold the other half of the omelette over the filling.
- Cook the omelette for an additional 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted. Carefully slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
How long does ham artichoke mozzarella omelette last in the fridge?
Any cooked food should be stored in the refrigerator within two hours of being cooked to prevent spoilage and the growth of harmful bacteria. A ham, artichoke, and mozzarella omelette can be stored in the fridge for up to four days after cooking if placed in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. For best quality, reheat the omelette thoroughly until it reaches a temperature of 165°F (74°C) before consuming. If the omelette has been sitting at room temperature for more than two hours, it is recommended to discard it to avoid the risk of foodborne illness.
Low calorie ham artichoke mozzarella omelette recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, there are several substitutions that can be made. Firstly, you can swap out the diced ham for turkey bacon or turkey sausage. This will help to reduce the overall calorie count of the omelette. Additionally, using cooking spray instead of butter to grease the skillet can also help to cut down on calories. The shredded mozzarella cheese can be swapped out for a low-fat or reduced-fat version or even a small amount of feta or goat cheese can be used for a strong cheese flavor with fewer calories. Lastly, adding more vegetables like mushrooms, spinach or bell peppers can influse healthy nutrients with minimal calories. Taking these substitutions into consideration, this recipe can be made more calorie-friendly without sacrificing flavor.
What to serve with a ham artichoke mozzarella omelette?
There are several sides that would complement a ham artichoke mozzarella omelette nicely. Roasted potatoes or hash browns would be a filling option, while a simple green salad with a vinaigrette dressing would be a light and refreshing choice. Sliced avocado or fresh fruit like melon or berries would add a sweet touch to balance out the savory flavors of the omelette. Toast or bread with jam or butter would make for a comforting addition as well.
Whats the best sauce for a ham artichoke mozzarella omelette?
There are a few different options for sauces that would complement a ham artichoke mozzarella omelette, depending on the flavor profile you’re looking for. If you prefer something tangy and savory, a hollandaise sauce made with lemon juice and dijon mustard would be delicious. Alternatively, a creamy dill sauce made with sour cream, lemon juice, and fresh dill would add a nice herby flavor. If you want something with a little more spice, a chipotle mayo drizzled over the top would be fantastic. Ultimately, the best sauce for your omelette will depend on your personal tastes, but any of these options would work well.
Ham artichoke mozzarella omelette health benefits
The ham artichoke mozzarella omelette does provide some health benefits. The ham provides a good source of protein and iron, while artichokes are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Mozzarella cheese also provides protein and calcium. However, if you are looking for a healthier alternative, a vegetable omelette with spinach, peppers, onions, and mushrooms would provide more nutrients and fewer calories. This omelette would also be lower in cholesterol and saturated fat, making it a better choice for overall health.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette