Welcome to our delicious recipe for bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette! This savory breakfast dish is perfect for those who love the combination of crispy bacon, earthy mushrooms, and tangy goat cheese. With just a few simple steps, you can whip up this flavorful omelette in no time. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or for a crowd, this recipe is sure to impress. So, let’s get started and make a delicious breakfast that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized for the day ahead! We’ve made this bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook 3 slices of chopped bacon in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms to the same skillet and cook until tender and browned. Remove from skillet and set aside with the bacon.
- In a bowl, whisk 3 eggs together with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet over medium heat until melted and hot.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet and let them cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the edges start to set.
- Using a spatula, lift the edges of the omelette and let the uncooked eggs flow underneath to cook.
- When the eggs are almost set, sprinkle 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese, bacon, and mushrooms over one half of the omelette.
- Using the spatula, fold the other half of the omelette over the filling and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are fully cooked.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
How long does bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette last in the fridge?
It is generally recommended to consume cooked eggs and omelettes within 3-4 days of cooking if stored properly in the refrigerator. To store the bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette, allow it to cool down to room temperature before placing it in an airtight container or wrapping it tightly with plastic wrap. Make sure to label the container with the date it was cooked and stored. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure food safety. It is not recommended to freeze omelettes as they can become watery and lose their texture upon thawing.
Low calorie bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette recipe substitutions
To make this bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, instead of using regular bacon, turkey bacon or Canadian bacon can be used as they are lower in calories and fat. Secondly, using egg whites or a combination of egg whites and whole eggs can reduce the calorie and fat content of the omelette. Thirdly, reducing the amount of goat cheese or using a lower-fat cheese can also help to lower the calorie count. Finally, using a non-stick cooking spray instead of butter can further reduce the calorie and fat content of the omelette. By making these substitutions, the omelette can still be delicious while being lower in calories.
What to serve with a bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette?
There are several options that would pair well with a bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette. One option is to serve it with a side of roasted potatoes or hash browns for a hearty breakfast. Another option is to serve it with a fresh green salad or sliced avocado for a lighter meal. Toast or a slice of crusty bread would also be a great addition to round out the meal. Additionally, a cup of coffee or a glass of orange juice would be a perfect beverage to accompany this delicious omelette.
Whats the best sauce for a bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette?
The best sauce for a bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette would be a simple and classic hollandaise sauce. The rich and creamy texture of the hollandaise sauce complements the savory flavors of the bacon and mushrooms, while the tangy and slightly sweet taste of the goat cheese adds a nice contrast. To make the hollandaise sauce, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk continuously until the mixture thickens. Slowly drizzle in melted butter while whisking until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Serve the omelette with a generous drizzle of hollandaise sauce on top.
Bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette health benefits
While bacon mushroom goat cheese omelette can be a delicious and satisfying meal, it is not particularly healthy. Bacon is high in saturated fat and sodium, which can increase the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure. Goat cheese is also high in saturated fat and calories. However, mushrooms are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D and potassium. To make a healthier omelette, consider using egg whites instead of whole eggs, and adding in more vegetables such as spinach, bell peppers, and tomatoes. You can also use a low-fat cheese or skip the cheese altogether. This will provide a more balanced and nutritious meal.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette