Welcome to omelette recipes! Today, we have a mouth-watering recipe that will perk up your breakfast routine! Start your day by trying our easy-to-make cheddar and bacon omelette. It’s a savory dish that’s perfect for those who enjoy a hearty breakfast full of flavor. The combination of creamy cheddar and crispy bacon is a match made in heaven. So, let’s grab a few ingredients, and get cooking! We’ve made this cheddar and bacon omelette easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- Crack three eggs into a small bowl and beat them with a fork or whisk until they are well blended.
- Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the beaten eggs. You can use more or less cheese depending on your taste.
- Add two strips of cooked and crumbled bacon to the egg mixture. You can cook the bacon beforehand or cook it in the pan before adding the egg mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Be careful with the salt as the bacon and cheese are already salty.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter or oil.
- When the butter or oil is hot, pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Use a spatula to gently move the egg mixture around the pan, making sure that it is evenly distributed.
- When the omelette starts to set and the edges begin to cook, use a spatula to gently lift the edges of the omelette and allow the uncooked eggs to flow to the bottom of the pan.
- When the top of the omelette is almost set, fold it in half using the spatula.
- Let the omelette cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness.
- Use the spatula to slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
- Enjoy your delicious Cheddar and Bacon Omelette!
How long does cheddar and bacon omelette last in the fridge?
Cheddar and bacon omelette should be consumed within 3-4 days if stored properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is recommended to cool the omelette to room temperature before storing in the fridge to prevent bacterial growth. Additionally, reheating the omelette thoroughly in the microwave or on the stovetop before consuming is recommended. It is important to note that the quality of the omelette may deteriorate after more than 2 days in the fridge due to moisture loss and texture changes.
Low calorie cheddar and bacon omelette substitutions
To make this Cheddar and Bacon Omelette lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of using regular bacon, you can substitute it with turkey bacon or diced smoked turkey. This will also make the dish leaner and healthier. Secondly, instead of using full-fat cheddar cheese, you can use reduced-fat or low-fat cheddar cheese. Another option is to use a small amount of feta cheese or goat cheese, which are lower in calories than cheddar cheese, but still add a nice flavor to the dish. Furthermore, instead of using butter for cooking, you can use a cooking spray or a small amount of olive oil. Lastly, you can also add some spinach or other vegetable of your preference to the omelette to add more nutrients and fiber to the dish, which will also fill you up more and help you eat less. These substitutions will make the recipe lower in calories and healthier without sacrificing its taste and flavor.
What to serve with cheddar and bacon omelette?
To complement the smoky and savory flavors of a cheddar and bacon omelette, you can serve it with a side of fresh seasonal fruit such as sliced oranges, strawberries, and melons. Alternatively, you can add some carbs to the dish by serving it with toast or customizing the omelette by adding in some diced veggies such as bell peppers or spinach. A cup of hot coffee or fruit juice can complete the meal.
Whats the best sauce for cheddar and bacon omelette?
For a cheddar and bacon omelette, the best sauce would be a classic BBQ sauce. The smoky and sweet notes complement the richness of the cheese and the saltiness of the bacon perfectly. You can also add some hot sauce or cayenne pepper if you prefer a spicier flavor. Alternatively, a creamy ranch dressing or a tangy salsa would also work well as toppings for this delicious omelette. Ultimately, the choice of sauce will depend on your personal preference, but these options are sure to elevate your breakfast to the next level.
Cheddar and bacon omelette health benefits
While cheddar and bacon omelette may not be the healthiest meal option due to its high fat and calorie content, it does offer some benefits. Cheddar cheese is a good source of calcium and protein, which are essential nutrients for bone health and muscle repair. On the other hand, bacon contains vitamin B12 and zinc, which are vital for cognitive function and immune system support. Eggs, which are the primary ingredient in an omelette, also contain essential nutrients such as protein, vitamin D, and choline. However, moderation is key when consuming cheddar and bacon omelette, as excessive intake of saturated fat and sodium may increase the risk of heart disease and other health problems.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette