Welcome to your new favorite breakfast recipe! If you’re a fan of omelettes and looking to switch up your morning routine, this cilantro cheddar omelette is the perfect recipe to try. Packed with bold flavors and a creamy cheddar cheese filling, this omelette is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling energized for the day ahead. So grab your ingredients and let’s get cooking! We’ve made this cilantro cheddar omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack three eggs into a small bowl, and add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Whisk everything together vigorously, making sure the yolks and whites are fully incorporated.
- Find a good non-stick skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of butter or oil (whichever you prefer), and let it heat up until it starts to shimmer.
- When the skillet is ready, pour the egg mixture from the bowl into the skillet. Use a spatula to spread the eggs into an even layer, and let them cook for one to two minutes. Don’t fuss with them too much, but keep an eye on things to make sure the edges don’t burn.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro over half of the eggs, and 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the other half. Let everything cook for another 30 seconds to a minute, until the cheese starts to melt.
- Using your spatula, carefully fold the omelette in half. Gently push down on the top so everything sticks together. Let it cook for another 30 seconds or so, just until the cheese is fully melted and everything is heated through.
- Slide the omelette out of the skillet and onto a plate. Serve hot, with a side salad or some toast to round out the meal.
How long does cilantro cheddar omelette last in the fridge?
Cilantro cheddar omelette can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. However, it is important to properly store it in an airtight container to prevent any contamination or spoilage. If the omelette has been left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, it is not safe to eat and should be discarded. When reheating the omelette, ensure it is heated to an internal temperature of 165°F to eliminate any harmful bacteria. Additionally, if the omelette has any signs of mold or a strange odor, it is best to throw it away.
Low calorie cilantro cheddar omelette recipe substitutions
To make this cilantro cheddar omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, you can use egg whites instead of whole eggs as they are lower in calories and fat. You can also reduce the amount of cheese used or switch to a lighter cheese option like reduced-fat cheddar. Using cooking spray instead of butter or oil can also cut down the calories. Another option is to incorporate more low-calorie vegetables, such as spinach or mushrooms, in place of some of the cheese. And finally, if you want to lower the sodium, you can use a salt substitute or omit the added salt altogether.
What to serve with cilantro cheddar omelette?
A cilantro cheddar omelette is a flavorful and satisfying dish on its own, but it can be complemented by a variety of sides. One great option is to serve it with some fresh fruit like sliced avocado, mango, or papaya to add some sweetness and nutritional value. Alternatively, you could also pair it with a side of toast or roasted potatoes for a heartier meal. To add an extra crunch to your breakfast, you can also accompany the omelette with some crispy bacon or breakfast sausages. Whatever you choose, your guests will surely enjoy a delicious meal with the cilantro cheddar omelette as the main star.
Whats the best sauce for cilantro cheddar omelette?
There are a few sauces that can pair well with a cilantro cheddar omelette, depending on your preference. If you like a bit of heat, a spicy salsa or hot sauce can complement the flavors nicely. If you prefer a creamier option, a dollop of sour cream or avocado crema can add a cool balance to the dish. Another option is a garlic aioli or herb-infused mayo that can enhance the flavors of the cilantro and cheddar. Ultimately, it comes down to personal taste, so aim for a sauce that you find harmonious with the overall flavor profile of the omelette.
Cilantro cheddar omelette health benefits
Cilantro cheddar omelette offers several health benefits. Cilantro is rich in vitamin K, which is essential for bone health and blood clotting. It also contains antioxidants, such as beta-carotene and vitamin C, which help to protect against cell damage and disease. Cheddar cheese is a good source of protein and calcium, important for maintaining strong bones and muscles. Additionally, eggs are packed with essential nutrients like choline, vitamin D, and vitamin B12. Overall, cilantro cheddar omelette is a satisfying and nutritious meal choice.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette