Welcome to our website dedicated to omelette recipes! Today we are excited to share with you an easy and versatile recipe for a Spanish omelette. Also known as a tortilla española, this classic dish is a staple in Spain and is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Made with simple ingredients such as potatoes, onions, and eggs, this recipe is not only delicious but also budget-friendly and can be customized to your taste preference. Let’s get started! We’ve made this easy spanish omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 potato, sliced
- 5 eggs
- to taste pepper
- to taste salt
- 2 tsp parsley + to garnish, chopped
- In a pan, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of butter, and heat it over medium heat.
- Add 1 sliced onion to the pan and stir occasionally until the onion turns pink in color.
- Add a thinly sliced potato to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the potato becomes soft.
- In a bowl, whisk 5 eggs along with 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Combine the onion and potato mixture into the bowl of whisked eggs and mix well.
- Pour the omelette batter into the same saucepan, and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom of the omelette becomes golden brown and set.
- Place a large plate over the saucepan, and flip the omelette onto the plate.
- Add 1 more teaspoon of olive oil into the same pan and slide the omelette back into the pan, and cook over medium heat for another 3-4 minutes, or until the other side of the omelette becomes golden brown and set.
- Transfer the omelette onto a serving plate and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
How long does easy spanish omelette last in the fridge?
Easy Spanish omelette, also known as tortilla española, can typically be stored in the fridge for up to four to five days after cooking. It is important to let the omelette cool down to room temperature prior to refrigerating it to prevent any additional moisture from accumulating and causing potential spoilage. Additionally, it is recommended to store the omelette in an airtight container or tightly sealed plastic wrap to maintain freshness and avoid any odors from permeating. When ready to eat, you may reheat the omelette in the microwave or on a stovetop with gentle heat until heated through.
Low calorie easy spanish omelette recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, some substitutions can be made. Instead of using olive oil and butter to saute the onions and potatoes, using a non-stick cooking spray can be used to reduce the amount of added fats. Additionally, using egg whites instead of whole eggs can help to significantly lower the calorie count. The amount of salt used can also be reduced or eliminated altogether, as reducing sodium intake is generally a healthy choice. Finally, removing the parsley garnish can also help to further reduce the calorie count.
What to serve with easy spanish omelette?
Easy Spanish omelette is a delicious, filling dish that can be served on its own or with some sides to make it even more satisfying. For a complete meal, you can serve it with some crusty bread or a fresh salad. Some other tasty options include roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, or a side of fresh fruit. Adding a dollop of sour cream or guacamole to the top can give it a little extra flavor and texture. Whatever you choose, be sure to enjoy this classic dish with friends and family!
Whats the best sauce for easy spanish omelette?
There are several sauces that can be paired with Spanish omelette or “tortilla de patatas”, depending on personal taste. One classic and easy-to-make sauce that goes well with it is a simple tomato sauce. To make it, simply sauté some chopped onion and garlic in olive oil until the onion is translucent, then add diced tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until they break down into a sauce. Season with salt, black pepper, and a pinch of sugar to cut the acidity. You can also add your preferred herbs and spices, such as thyme, oregano, or paprika, to give it an extra kick of flavor. This sauce is versatile and works well as a side dish, a topping, or a dipping sauce for the Spanish omelette.
Easy spanish omelette health benefits
Easy Spanish omelette, also known as a tortilla, is a nutritious and tasty dish that offers several health benefits. It consists of eggs, potatoes, onions, and olive oil, which are all nutrient-rich ingredients. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, essential vitamins, and minerals like choline and selenium, while potatoes provide fiber, potassium, and vitamin C. Onions contain flavonoids and sulfur compounds that help boost immunity and prevent chronic diseases, and olive oil contains unsaturated fats that promote heart health and lower cholesterol levels. Eating an easy Spanish omelette can help satisfy hunger, improve nutrient intake, and promote overall health and well-being.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette