Welcome to an exciting recipe for all the spicy food lovers out there! Today, we will be learning how to make a mouth-watering spicy omelette with the perfect blend of flavors, crunchiness, and heat! This unique recipe has the added twist of papad and cashews, which will take this omelette to another level of taste. So, let’s get started and cook up a delicious omelette that will surely impress your taste buds! We’ve made this spicy omelette with papad and cashews recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 6 large poppadums
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped celery
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 200 gm mushrooms, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 chopped green chillies
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 150 gm cashew nuts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp chopped spring onion
- Start by roasting the poppadums until they are crispy. Once they are done, break them into large pieces and set them aside.
- Take a pan and heat up 1 tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the diced onions to the pan along with 2 tablespoons of chopped celery. Cook until the onions are soft, then add in the diced capsicum and chopped mushrooms. Continue cooking for a few more minutes until everything is softened.
- While the vegetables are cooking, take a bowl and beat 8 eggs in it. Add 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander, 2 chopped green chillies, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cooked vegetables in the pan. Cook until the eggs are browned underneath.
- Once the eggs are cooked on one side, place the pan under a hot grill until the top is browned as well.
- Once the omelette is cooked, cut it into strips and set it aside.
- To make the spiced cashew nuts, take a separate pan and heat 2 teaspoons of oil. Add in 150 grams of cashew nuts and fry them until they are lightly colored.
- Once the cashews are browned, add 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of oregano to the pan with the cashews. Stir and fry the mixture for an additional minute.
- To serve, place the crushed poppadums on a plate and top it with the cooked omelette strips. Spoon the spiced cashew nuts over the top and sprinkle some chopped spring onions on top to garnish.
How long does spicy omelette with papad and cashews last in the fridge?
Spicy omelette with papad and cashews can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days after cooking. It is best to store the omelette in an airtight container to prevent moisture and odors from affecting its flavor and texture. Before storing the omelette, allow it to cool completely at room temperature and then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It is crucial to store the omelette within two hours of cooking to prevent bacterial growth. When reheating the omelette, be sure to heat it thoroughly until it is steaming hot to ensure that there are no harmful bacteria present.
Low calorie spicy omelette with papad and cashews recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower in calorie, some substitutions can be made. Instead of using poppadums, which are deep-fried, one can use roasted papad or toasted bread slices. Instead of using 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 tablespoon of oil can be used and non-stick cookware can be used to reduce the amount of oil needed. To reduce the calorie content of the cashews, one can use almonds or roasted chickpeas instead. Using egg whites instead of whole eggs or using a combination of whole eggs and egg whites can also lower the calorie content. Additionally, reducing the amount of cheese or using a low-fat cheese can make this recipe even healthier.
What to serve with spicy omelette with papad and cashews?
To balance out the spiciness of the omelette with papad and cashews, you can serve it with some cooling and refreshing accompaniments. Some good options include a simple salad made with mixed greens, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes dressed with a lemon vinaigrette. You can also serve some steamed or roasted vegetables like asparagus or broccoli tossed with garlic and olive oil. Additionally, some crusty French bread or garlic naan would be a great option to soak up any leftover sauce from the omelette and add a satisfying carb element to the dish.
Whats the best sauce for spicy omelette with papad and cashews?
For a spicy omelette with papad and cashews, the best sauce to complement the dish would be a homemade cilantro chutney. Its fresh, herbaceous flavors and slight tanginess pairs well with the spiciness of the omelette, while also providing a cool contrast to the dish. You can make the chutney by blending together fresh cilantro, ginger, garlic, green chilies, lemon juice, salt, and sugar. Serve it alongside the omelette with toasted papad and cashews for a delightful meal.
Spicy omelette with papad and cashews health benefits
Spicy omelette with papad and cashews has several health benefits. The omelette is a good source of protein, which helps build and repair tissues in the body. The spicy seasoning can boost metabolism and aid in weight loss. The papad, made from lentil or chickpea flour, is a good source of dietary fiber that aids in digestion. Additionally, cashews are rich in healthy fats and antioxidants that can lower the risk of heart disease and improve brain function. Overall, this dish is a delicious and nutritious meal that provides essential vitamins and minerals for a healthy body.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette