Welcome to the delicious world of omelette recipes! Today, we are sharing a mouthwatering recipe for a ham spinach cheddar omelette that is perfect for a wholesome breakfast or brunch. This omelette is packed with protein from the ham and cheese, while the spinach adds a nutritious touch. Whether you’re cooking for one or hosting a gathering, this recipe is sure to impress. So, let’s get your skillet ready and dive in! We’ve made this ham spinach cheddar omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Begin by beating three large eggs in a small bowl. Add one tablespoon of milk, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper. Continue to beat until blended.
- Take a nonstick skillet and melt 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine over medium heat. Once melted, add 1/4 cup of cooked ham that is diced and 1/4 cup of fresh spinach that is chopped. Cook and stir both ingredients for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture that was beaten earlier over the ham and spinach in the skillet. As the eggs set, lift the edges of the omelet, allowing the uncooked portion to flow underneath. Continue cooking until the top of the omelet is firmly set.
- When the omelette top part is set, sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over one half of the omelette. Using a spatula, fold the other half of the omelette over the cheese, and slide the omelette onto a plate.
- You can now enjoy the ham spinach cheddar omelette!
How long does ham spinach cheddar omelette last in the fridge?
Ham spinach cheddar omelette can be stored in the fridge for up to three to four days after cooking. It is important to store the omelette in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any unwanted odors from the fridge. Before reheating, ensure that it is fully heated through to kill any bacteria that may have grown during storage. Additionally, it is important to note that the texture and taste of the omelette may deteriorate with time, so it is best to consume it within the first few days of storage for optimal taste and freshness.
Low calorie ham spinach cheddar omelette recipe substitutions
To make this ham spinach cheddar omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions you can make. Firstly, you can replace the 3 large eggs with 2 large eggs and 2 egg whites to reduce the fat content. Secondly, you could opt for low-fat or fat-free milk. Thirdly, you could reduce the amount of cheese and use a reduced-fat cheddar cheese instead. Lastly, instead of using butter or margarine, you can use cooking spray or a non-stick cooking pan to reduce the amount of added fat. These substitutions will help reduce the overall calorie count of the recipe while still maintaining its delicious taste.
What to serve with ham spinach cheddar omelette?
There are many options that would pair well with a ham spinach cheddar omelette. Some great choices include a side salad with a light vinaigrette, roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes, fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries or grapes, or even some toast or a croissant. Depending on your personal tastes and dietary restrictions, you could also include bacon, sausage, or other breakfast meats, or some sautéed vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, or onions. Ultimately, the key is to balance out the rich and savory flavors of the omelette with some lighter and fresher accompaniments.
Whats the best sauce for ham spinach cheddar omelette?
There are many delicious sauces that can be paired with a ham spinach cheddar omelette, but one of the best options is a classic hollandaise sauce. This rich, creamy sauce is made with butter, egg yolks, lemon juice, and a touch of cayenne pepper, and pairs perfectly with the salty, savory flavors of the ham and cheddar in the omelette. To make hollandaise sauce, simply whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper, then slowly pour in melted butter while continuing to whisk until the sauce is light and fluffy. Drizzle the hollandaise generously over the top of your omelette, and enjoy!
Ham spinach cheddar omelette health benefits
An omelette made with ham spinach and cheddar cheese can be a nutritious meal as it provides a good serving of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Eggs are packed with protein that helps to keep us feeling full and satisfied, while spinach is loaded with nutrients such as vitamin A, C, and iron. Ham adds flavor to the omelette and provides some protein. Cheddar cheese is a good source of calcium and protein, but it is also high in saturated fat and sodium. If you want a healthier option, try substituting cheddar cheese with feta or ricotta cheese and swap ham for chicken or turkey breast. You can also add some fresh vegetables such as sliced peppers, onions, or tomatoes to pack in more nutrients. This way, you can enjoy a tasty and nutritious omelette.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette