Aloha! Welcome to our recipe for Hawaiian scrambled eggs, a perfect dish to transport you to the sunny beaches of Hawaii. These scrambled eggs are infused with tropical flavors like pineapple and coconut, making them a delicious and unique twist on the classic breakfast dish. Get ready to impress your taste buds and your breakfast guests with this easy yet flavorful recipe. Let’s get cooking! We’ve made this hawaiian scrambled eggs recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper according to your taste. Whisk everything together until fully combined. Set the bowl aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet on the stove and set the heat to medium. Put the butter in the skillet and allow it to melt completely.
- Once the butter is fully melted, add the diced ham to the skillet. Cook it for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to brown a bit.
- Add the diced pineapple and green onions to the skillet and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until they are warmed through. Stir occasionally to keep everything moving and evenly cooked.
- When everything in the skillet is heated through, add the eggs to the skillet. Stir the eggs occasionally while they are cooking until they are set but still moist.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese to the skillet. Stir until the cheese is melted and well-combined with the eggs.
- Take the skillet off the stove and serve the scrambled eggs while they’re hot. Enjoy your Hawaiian-style eggs!
How long does hawaiian scrambled eggs last in the fridge?
Hawaiian scrambled eggs can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days as long as they are properly stored in an airtight container. It is important to let them cool down before putting them in the fridge to prevent the growth of bacteria. When reheating the eggs, it’s best to do it in small portions, either in the microwave or on the stovetop to ensure that they are heated evenly. If the eggs are not going to be consumed within the 3-4 day period, it’s recommended to freeze them for up to 2-3 months. However, the quality and texture may slightly deteriorate when thawed and reheated.
Low calorie hawaiian scrambled eggs recipe substitutions
To make the Hawaiian-style scrambled eggs recipe lower in calories, some substitutions could be made. Firstly, opting for egg whites only instead of whole eggs can significantly reduce the calorie and fat content. Secondly, using lean ham or Canadian bacon instead of regular diced ham can also reduce the fat content. Thirdly, using reduced-fat cheese or omitting it altogether can reduce the calorie and fat content further. Finally, using cooking spray instead of butter can reduce the calorie and fat content without affecting the flavor. Overall, these substitutions can reduce the calorie content of the recipe while still retaining its flavor and texture.
What to serve with a hawaiian scrambled eggs?
Hawaiian scrambled eggs are a delicious breakfast dish that consists of scrambled eggs combined with diced ham, green onions, and pineapples. To add more flavor and variety to the dish, consider serving it with a side of hash browns or roasted potatoes. This will complement the fluffy texture of the eggs and add a crispy texture to the dish. For additional sweetness, consider serving fresh fruit like sliced mangos or papayas. A side of toast or English muffin will also make for a well-rounded breakfast meal.
Whats the best sauce for a hawaiian scrambled eggs?
For a Hawaiian twist on scrambled eggs, you can make a delicious pineapple salsa by mixing fresh pineapple chunks, diced red onion, diced red pepper, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Alternatively, you could use teriyaki sauce to add a savory-sweet flavor to the eggs. Just whisk together eggs and a splash of heavy cream, then scramble in a non-stick pan until cooked through. Top with your chosen sauce and enjoy a taste of the islands for breakfast!
Hawaiian scrambled eggs health benefits
There are several health benefits to eating Hawaiian-style scrambled eggs. The dish typically includes fresh ingredients such as diced pineapple, bell peppers, and green onions which provide vitamins and antioxidants. Additionally, incorporating eggs into your diet can provide high-quality protein and healthy fats that can help maintain muscle mass and support brain function. However, if you are looking for an even healthier recipe, I would recommend trying a vegetable and eggs scramble with a variety of colorful veggies such as spinach, broccoli, and tomatoes. This option would provide even more nutrients and fiber while still providing ample protein and healthy fats from the eggs.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette