Hello and welcome to our omelette recipe page! Today, we will be sharing with you a delicious and healthy recipe for a Greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese. This savory omelette is perfect for brunch or a quick and easy dinner. Packed full of protein and vegetables, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. So without further ado, let’s get started on making this tasty Greek omelette! We’ve made this greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add 6 chopped asparagus spears and 1/2 chopped red bell pepper. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- To the skillet, add 1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup of chopped fresh spinach, 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil, and salt to taste. Continue cooking and stirring until the tomatoes are soft and the spinach has wilted, which should take another 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat and transfer the vegetables to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium heat. While the butter is melting, whisk 6 large eggs and 1/4 cup of whole milk in a bowl until well combined. Once the butter is melted, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, swirling it around to cover the entire bottom with the mixture.
- Using a spatula, lift up an edge of the omelette and tilt the pan to allow the unset egg to run underneath and cook. Do this around the entire pan until all the egg mixture is set. Sprinkle some salt over the omelette.
- Spoon the cooked asparagus mixture onto one side of the omelette. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese and 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the vegetables.
- Gently fold half the omelette over the vegetables and cheese and press the edges lightly to seal in the filling. Cook the omelette until the filling is hot and the cheddar cheese has melted, which should take 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Cut the omelette into slices and serve.
How long does greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese last in the fridge?
Greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days. It is important to cool the omelette completely to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container in the fridge. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safe to eat. It is also recommended to add fresh herbs or additional toppings to freshen up the flavor before reheating.
Low calorie greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese substitutions
To make this Greek Omelette with Asparagus and Feta Cheese lower in calories, several substitutions can be made. Firstly, the amount of olive oil used to cook the veggies can be reduced or substituted with a calorie-free cooking spray like PAM. Secondly, whole milk can be replaced with low-fat milk or unsweetened almond milk, and the amount can be cut down as well. Thirdly, instead of using 2 tablespoons of butter to cook the eggs, a non-stick pan can be used to avoid the need for butter altogether. Fourthly, the amount of feta cheese used can be reduced or replaced with a reduced-fat version. Finally, adding more veggies and reducing the amount of cheese used can also help to cut down the overall calorie count of this recipe.
What to serve with greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese?
There are a variety of options that could pair well with a Greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese. One idea is to serve a simple side salad with a light vinaigrette dressing. This would provide some additional greens and tangy flavor to balance out the richness of the omelette. Another option could be to serve a side of toasted pita bread or crusty bread to soak up any delicious leftover juices from the omelette. This would also provide some additional texture contrast. Additionally, a side of fresh fruit such as strawberries or melon could provide a refreshing and light accompaniment to the savory omelette.
Whats the best sauce for greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese?
The best sauce for a Greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese is tzatziki. This refreshing sauce made with Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic and herbs will complement the omelette with a tangy and slightly acidic flavor that cuts through the richness of the eggs and feta cheese. Tzatziki is also known for its cooling properties, making it an ideal pairing for the slightly bitter asparagus. The combination of the spiced omelette, creamy feta and refreshing tzatziki creates a balanced and flavorful dish that is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese health benefits
Greek omelette with asparagus and feta cheese is a healthy meal choice for many reasons. Firstly, asparagus is loaded with vitamins and minerals, such as folate, potassium, and vitamin K, which are essential for maintaining a healthy body. Secondly, the eggs in the omelette provide protein, choline, and other nutrients that contribute to healthy brain function, strong muscles, and long-lasting energy. Finally, feta cheese adds calcium and other essential minerals to the dish. Together, these ingredients make a delicious and nutritious meal that is great for boosting immunity, supporting bone health, and maintaining overall wellness.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette