Hello and welcome to Omelette Recipes! Today, I am excited to share with you a simple yet delicious recipe for egg burgers. This twist on a classic burger features a juicy beef patty sandwiched between two fluffy omelette buns. It’s the perfect breakfast or brunch meal that will satisfy your taste buds and keep you full and energized throughout the day. Let’s get started and have some fun in the kitchen! We’ve made this egg burgers easy to follow 👨🍳.
- Soft burger buns 2,
- halved length ways Butter 55 g (2 oz)
- Ham 2 round slices Prepared mustard
- 2 tsp Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Cooking oil 2 Tbsp
- Eggs 2
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to high.
- Take the soft burger buns and slice them lengthways and place them under the preheated grill until they are lightly toasted and golden brown. Remove them from the heat but keep the grill hot.
- Spread a little butter on each half of the toasted buns.
- Take the ham slices and place them on the bottom half of each bun. Spread a little mustard on top of the ham slices.
- Add one slice of cheese on top of the ham and place the bun halves (with the toppings) back under the grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- While the buns are grilling, heat the cooking oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Crack two eggs into the pan and fry them sunny-side up until the whites are solid and the yolks are still runny and soft.
- Remove the bun halves from the grill and place a fried egg on each one.
- Top each sandwich with the remaining bun halves and serve immediately.
How long does egg burgers last in the fridge?
Egg burgers can generally be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days if they have been cooked and stored properly. It is important to refrigerate the egg burgers promptly after they have finished cooking, ideally within two hours, to prevent bacteria growth. Once stored in the fridge, they should be kept in an airtight container to prevent moisture and odors from affecting the quality of the burgers. When reheating egg burgers, it is recommended to use a microwave or oven to ensure they are heated all the way through. It is also important to ensure that the internal temperature of the egg burgers reaches at least 165°F to kill any potential bacteria before consuming.
Low calorie egg burgers substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, some substitutions can be made. Instead of using soft burger buns, whole wheat or whole grain buns can be used. Butter can be replaced with a low-fat spread or cooking spray to reduce the amount of saturated fat. Additionally, turkey ham or bacon can be used instead of regular ham. To reduce the amount of cheese, a lower-fat alternative such as reduced-fat cheddar cheese can be used. Finally, instead of frying the eggs in oil, they can be poached or prepared with a cooking spray to decrease the calorie content. Overall, these substitutions will make the recipe lower in calories and more healthy.
What to serve with egg burgers?
Egg burgers are an excellent choice for a hearty and satisfying meal. When it comes to sides, you want something that complements the flavors of the egg burger without overshadowing it. A fresh garden salad with a tangy vinaigrette dressing makes a great side option. You could also serve a side of crispy sweet potato fries or roasted vegetables, such as zucchini, bell peppers, and onions. For a more substantial meal, a side of macaroni and cheese or loaded potato salad would be ideal. Don’t forget to add a refreshing beverage, such as iced tea or lemonade, to complete the meal.
Whats the best sauce for egg burgers?
When it comes to egg burgers, there are a variety of sauces that can be used to enhance the flavor of the dish. However, the best sauce for egg burgers is mayo-sriracha sauce. It is a delicious combination of creamy mayonnaise and spicy sriracha sauce that adds a unique kick to the burger. To make the sauce, simply mix mayonnaise and sriracha to taste and spread it on the bun before adding the egg burger. This sauce pairs perfectly with the rich and savory flavor of the egg, making it the perfect complement to any egg burger.
Egg burgers health benefits
Egg burgers can be a great source of protein, iron, and vitamins, particularly if made with high-quality, lean ground meats and fresh, whole-grain buns or lettuce leaves. Eggs contain essential amino acids and are a good source of vitamins B12 and D, as well as phosphorus and selenium, all of which can support strong bones, healthy immune function, and effective metabolism. Additionally, studies have indicated that consuming eggs can help reduce the risk of stroke, improve eye health, and promote feelings of fullness and weight management. Of course, it is important to consider the other ingredients in an egg burger, such as cheese or mayo, and to balance calorie intake with physical activity for optimal health.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette