Good day to all egg lovers out there! If you’re looking for an easy-to-make breakfast recipe that’s perfect for busy mornings and tastes absolutely amazing, then this Sausage Asparagus Mozzarella Omelette is just what you need! Packed with protein, savory sausage, tender asparagus, and gooey mozzarella cheese, this omelette is a delicious and satisfying way to start your day. So, why not give this recipe a try and enjoy a wholesome breakfast that’s sure to keep you fueled until lunchtime? Let’s get cooking! We’ve made this sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked sausage, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Crack 4 eggs into a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of milk, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper to the eggs. Whisk everything together until it is well combined.
- Put a large nonstick skillet on the stove over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Wait for the butter to melt and cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped, cooked sausage and 1/2 cup of cooked, chopped asparagus to the skillet. Sauté everything together for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is heated through.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet. Wait for 2 to 4 minutes until the edges start to set.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese to the top of the omelette.
- Put the skillet with the omelette in it in the broiler. Broil everything together for 2 to 3 minutes. Wait until the cheese has melted and the eggs are cooked through.
- Use a spatula to fold the omelette in half. Then transfer the finished omelette to a serving plate.
- Serve the hot omelette and enjoy your meal!
How long does sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette last in the fridge?
Sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 4 days. It is important to let it cool down before refrigerating it in an airtight container to prevent bacteria growth. To reheat, place the omelette in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. It is not recommended to freeze an omelette with vegetables as they can become mushy when thawed. Additionally, it is important to check for any signs of spoilage, such as a foul smell or unusual discoloration, before consuming leftover omelette.
Low calorie sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette recipe substitutions
To reduce calories in this recipe, there are several substitutions that can be made. First, instead of using whole eggs, you can use a combination of egg whites and whole eggs or egg substitute to reduce the calorie and fat content. Secondly, using low-fat sausage or turkey sausage instead of regular pork sausage can help reduce calories, saturated fat, and cholesterol. Additionally, using non-stick cooking spray instead of butter can help reduce the amount of fat and calories in the recipe. Lastly, reducing the amount or omitting entirely the shredded mozzarella cheese can further reduce the calorie and fat content. These substitutions can significantly reduce the calorie and fat content while still maintaining the taste and flavor of the dish.
What to serve with a sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette?
To complement the flavors of the sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette, you could serve a refreshing fruit salad with a honey mustard vinaigrette or some roasted breakfast potatoes seasoned with herbs and garlic. Alternatively, you could also serve a slice of toasted whole wheat bread or a flaky croissant on the side to provide a contrasting texture and add some extra carbs to the meal. Whatever you choose, make sure it balances out the dish and enhances the overall breakfast experience.
Whats the best sauce for a sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette?
The best sauce for a sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette would be a classic hollandaise sauce. Hollandaise sauce is a rich, creamy, and buttery sauce made from butter, egg yolks, and lemon juice that complements the savory flavor of sausage, nuttiness of asparagus, and creaminess of mozzarella cheese. Its tangy and acidic taste, when combined with the greasy and salty flavor of sausage, gives a perfect balance of sweet and savory taste to the omelette, making it an ideal breakfast or brunch dish.
Sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette health benefits
Eating a sausage asparagus mozzarella omelette can provide several health benefits. Asparagus is a great source of vitamin K, which helps with blood clotting and bone health. It also contains fiber, folate, and antioxidants. Mozzarella cheese is a good source of protein and calcium, which can help build and strengthen bones. Sausage, however, is high in saturated fat and sodium, which can contribute to heart disease and high blood pressure. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, you could try making a vegetable and feta omelette instead. This recipe could include spinach, mushrooms, onions, and feta cheese. By avoiding sausage and using veggies instead, you can reduce the amount of fat and sodium while adding more vitamins and antioxidants to your meal.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette