Welcome to Omelette Recipes! Today we have a delicious and easy-to-make recipe for a chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds. This omelette is a perfect balance of protein from the chicken, flavor from the artichoke, and gooey goodness from the mozzarella. Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast or a protein-packed lunch, this chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette is the perfect choice. So let’s get cooking! We’ve made this chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked diced chicken
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack two large eggs into a small bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to the eggs and whisk well to combine.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add 1/4 cup of cooked diced chicken and 1/4 cup of chopped marinated artichoke hearts to the skillet.
- Sauté the chicken and artichokes for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet over the chicken and artichokes.
- Use a spatula to spread the egg mixture evenly over the skillet, distributing it well over the chicken and artichokes.
- Let the egg mixture cook until set, around 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on one side of the omelette in the skillet.
- Use the spatula to fold the other side of the omelette over the cheese side, forming a half circle.
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slide the omelette carefully onto a plate.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
How long does chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette last in the fridge?
If you have cooked a chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette and want to store it in the fridge, it is recommended to consume it within 2-3 days. Make sure that you place the omelette in an airtight container once it has cooled down and then store it in the fridge at a temperature of 40°F or below. To reheat the omelette, place it in a microwave-safe dish and heat in the microwave until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F. It is important to avoid leaving the omelette at room temperature for more than 2 hours, as this can lead to bacterial growth and increase the risk of foodborne illness.
Low calorie chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette recipe substitutions
To make this chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that could be made. Firstly, using egg whites instead of whole eggs will significantly reduce the calorie content as egg whites are lower in calories and fat. Secondly, using a non-stick cooking spray instead of olive oil will also reduce the calorie count. Instead of using marinated artichokes that may contain extra oil and sodium, opting for plain fresh or frozen artichokes would be a healthier alternative. Lastly, reducing the amount of cheese used or using a low-fat cheese can also aid in reducing the calorie and fat content of the dish. Making these substitutions will provide a healthier and lower calorie version of the chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette without compromising on taste.
What to serve with a chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette?
There are several sides that would pair well with a chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette. For a lighter option, a mixed greens salad with a zesty vinaigrette dressing would provide a nice contrast to the rich flavors of the omelette. Another option would be to serve the omelette with roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes for a heartier meal. If you’re looking for something more breakfast-oriented, some crispy bacon or toast with butter and jam would also pair nicely with the omelette. Ultimately, the best side dish will depend on your personal taste preferences and the time of day you’re serving the meal.
Whats the best sauce for a chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette?
There are several sauces that would pair well with a chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette, including hollandaise, béarnaise, salsa verde, or even a simple tomato sauce. However, if you’re looking for a sauce that will truly complement the flavors of the omelette, I recommend going with a tangy aioli. This garlicky mayonnaise-based sauce is packed with flavor and can be made in just a few minutes. To make the perfect aioli for your omelette, whisk together some garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and egg yolks, then slowly drizzle in some olive oil until the sauce is thick and creamy. This sauce will add a zesty kick to your omelette and is sure to impress your taste buds!
Chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette health benefits
The chicken artichoke mozzarella omelette is a high protein meal that can help with muscle growth and repair. The artichokes are also a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. However, if looking for a healthier option, I would recommend a vegetable and egg white omelette with ingredients such as spinach, bell peppers, and avocado. This omelette would be lower in calories, fat, and cholesterol and provide a wider variety of vitamins and minerals.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette