Hello there, welcome to our delicious recipe for Chorizo Asparagus Mozzarella Omelette! This mouth-watering omelette is the perfect blend of spicy and savory flavors, packed with nutrient-rich asparagus and gooey, melty mozzarella cheese. It’s easy to make and is sure to impress your family and friends. So, let’s get cooking and whip up this delicious breakfast dish that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized all day long! We’ve made this chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 oz chorizo sausage, sliced
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced chorizo and cook for about 5 minutes until crispy. Remove the cooked chorizo from the pan and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the chopped asparagus. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the asparagus is tender but still has a slight crunch. Remove the asparagus from the pan and add it to the plate with the chorizo.
- Whisk together the eggs, grated mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the same skillet that you cooked the chorizo and asparagus in. Cook over medium heat, using a spatula to lift the edges of the omelette and let the uncooked egg flow to the bottom. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the top is almost set.
- Place the cooked chorizo and asparagus on one side of the omelette in the skillet. Fold the other side of the omelette over the toppings on the same skillet. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the omelette is set and the cheese is melted.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
How long does chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette last in the fridge?
Chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days after cooking, provided it has been properly stored in an airtight container. It is important to allow the omelette to fully cool before refrigerating to prevent bacterial growth. When reheating, it is recommended to use the microwave or a stovetop skillet to ensure that the omelette is heated evenly throughout. However, as with any leftovers, it is important to use your best judgement and discard any food that appears or smells spoiled.
Low calorie chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that could be made. Firstly, using a cooking spray instead of the 2 tablespoons of olive oil would significantly reduce the amount of calories and fat. Secondly, using turkey chorizo instead of regular chorizo would lower the calorie count. Additionally, reducing the amount of mozzarella cheese or using a lighter cheese such as feta or goat cheese would also lower the calorie count. Finally, using egg whites instead of whole eggs, or a combination of egg whites and whole eggs, would reduce the calorie count while still providing protein. Making these substitutions would make for a delicious and lower calorie Chorizo Asparagus Mozzarella Omelette.
What to serve with a chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette?
There are many options to serve with a chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette, depending on personal preferences. Some great choices could be a side salad with mixed greens and a light vinaigrette to complement the richness of the omelette. Another option could be breakfast potatoes, either roasted or fried, seasoned with herbs and spices for a satisfying savory crunch. You could also serve a slice of toasted bread or a croissant on the side for some extra carbs. Finally, a cup of hot coffee or tea would round out the meal nicely.
Whats the best sauce for a chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette?
One excellent sauce option for a chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette is a chipotle hollandaise sauce. The smokiness and spiciness of the chipotle peppers pairs well with the bold flavor of the chorizo, while the creaminess of the hollandaise sauce complements the richness of the eggs and melted mozzarella. To make the sauce, simply blend chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with a traditional hollandaise sauce base of egg yolks, lemon juice, and melted butter. Drizzle the sauce over the cooked omelette before serving. Enjoy!
Chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette health benefits
While a chorizo asparagus mozzarella omelette can be a delicious and filling meal, it may not offer many health benefits due to the high fat and sodium content in chorizo. However, asparagus is a great source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, and K, and folate. Mozzarella cheese is also a good source of protein and calcium. So, while the omelette itself may not be the healthiest option, incorporating asparagus and mozzarella into a different dish could be a good way to enjoy their health benefits. For a healthier breakfast option, try a mushroom and spinach omelette with a side of whole-grain toast and fruit. This dish provides a balance of protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and is lower in fat and sodium.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette