Welcome to our delicious recipe for sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette! This hearty and flavorful omelette is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. Packed with savory sausage, sweet bell peppers, and spicy pepper jack cheese, this omelette is sure to satisfy your cravings and keep you full for hours. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or feeding a crowd, this recipe is easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. So, let’s get started and whip up this delicious sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette! We’ve made this sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked sausage, crumbled
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whisk together 3 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add 1/4 cup diced bell pepper to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add 1/4 cup crumbled cooked sausage to the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes until the edges start to set.
- Using a spatula, gently lift the edges of the omelette and let the uncooked egg flow underneath.
- Once the top of the omelette is mostly set, sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese over one half of the omelette.
- Using the spatula, fold the other half of the omelette over the cheese and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted and the eggs are fully cooked.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
How long does sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette last in the fridge?
Sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent any contamination and to keep it fresh. When reheating, it is recommended to use a microwave or stovetop to ensure that the omelette is heated evenly. It is important to note that the texture and taste of the omelette may change slightly after being stored in the fridge, but it should still be safe to eat as long as it has been stored properly.
Low calorie sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette recipe substitutions
To make this Sausage Bell Pepper Pepper Jack Omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, using egg whites instead of whole eggs can significantly reduce the calorie count. Secondly, using turkey sausage instead of regular sausage can also reduce the calorie count. Additionally, using a low-fat cheese or reducing the amount of cheese used can also help to lower the calorie count. Finally, using a non-stick cooking spray instead of butter can also help to reduce the calorie count. By making these substitutions, the recipe can be made lower in calories without sacrificing too much flavor.
What to serve with a sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette?
A great side dish to serve with a sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette would be a simple green salad. The freshness and crunch of the greens will complement the richness of the omelette, while the acidity of the dressing will cut through the heaviness of the sausage and cheese. You could also add some sliced avocado or cherry tomatoes to the salad for extra flavor and texture. Alternatively, some roasted potatoes or hash browns would also be a great option to add some heartiness to the meal.
Whats the best sauce for a sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette?
For a sausage, bell pepper, and pepper jack omelette, a great sauce to complement the flavors would be a spicy chipotle sauce. The smoky and spicy flavor of the chipotle sauce pairs well with the savory sausage and the sweetness of the bell peppers. The creaminess of the pepper jack cheese is also enhanced by the bold flavors of the chipotle sauce. You can either make your own chipotle sauce by blending chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with sour cream or mayonnaise, or you can purchase a pre-made sauce from the store. Drizzle the sauce over the omelette or serve it on the side for dipping.
Sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette health benefits
A sausage bell pepper pepper jack omelette can provide some nutritional benefits. Bell peppers are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin A, and fiber. Sausage can provide protein, but it is also high in saturated fat and sodium, which can be harmful in excess. Pepper jack cheese is a good source of calcium and protein, but it is also high in saturated fat and sodium. Overall, this omelette can be a tasty and satisfying meal, but it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. For a healthier option, consider making a vegetable omelette with spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes, and using a low-fat cheese or omitting the cheese altogether.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette