Welcome to omelette recipes, where we bring you the best of breakfast dish inspirations! Today, we’re venturing beyond the traditional omelette and adding a twist to the classic breakfast sausage. Get ready to indulge in a savory and delicious Sausage Twist Omelette that will awaken your taste buds. With the perfect balance of flavors and ingredients, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your breakfast rotation. Let’s get cooking! We’ve made this sausage twist easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 frozen pizza dough
- 1 pkg. breakfast sausage
- ½ cup chopped olives
- 4 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the frozen pizza dough out of the freezer and allow it to thaw.
- Once the dough has thawed, flatten it out onto a baking sheet.
- Take the breakfast sausage and spread it across the flattened-out dough.
- Next, take the chopped olives and sprinkle them over the top of the sausage.
- Take the shredded Mozzarella cheese and spread it evenly over the sausage and olives.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese on top of the Mozzarella cheese.
- Now, fold the dough over the filling and make diagonal cuts on top.
- Crack the large egg into a bowl and beat it with a fork or whisk until the yolk and egg white are fully combined.
- Brush the beaten egg over the top of the dough.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the dough is a light brown color.
- When the sausage twist is finished baking, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the sausage twist into six portions and serve.
How long does sausage twist last in the fridge?
Sausage twists can generally be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to allow the twists to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or plastic wrap to prevent bacteria growth and spoilage. If the sausage twists have been left at room temperature for more than 2 hours or have an off smell or texture, they should not be consumed as it may lead to foodborne illness. It is always best to follow food safety guidelines and discard any food that appears spoiled or has been stored for too long.
Low calorie sausage twist substitutions
To make this recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions you could make. To start with, you could replace the pork breakfast sausage with a lower-fat turkey sausage or even vegetarian sausage to eliminate a significant amount of fat and calories. You could also skip the olives or reduce the amount to reduce sodium intake. Instead of Mozzarella cheese, you could use a light or reduced-fat cheese to cut down on the calorie and fat content. Finally, you could use egg whites or a lower-fat egg substitute instead of a whole egg to reduce calories and fat. These substitutions would result in a much lighter and healthier version of this delicious sausage twist recipe.
What to serve with sausage twist?
Sausage twists are delicious and easy to prepare. They are perfect as a snack or appetizer. To complement the savory flavor of the sausage, you can serve them with a tangy mustard dip or a sweet and spicy dipping sauce. If you want to turn sausage twists into a full meal, you can serve them with a side salad or roasted vegetables. Another great option is to serve them with garlic mashed potatoes or cheesy grits. No matter how you choose to serve them, sausage twists are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Whats the best sauce for sausage twist?
There are a variety of sauces that pair well with sausage twists. For a classic option, tomato sauce works great, either homemade or store-bought. Another option is mustard, which adds a tangy and slightly spicy flavor. Barbecue sauce also complements the smoky flavor of sausage twists. For those looking for a more unique option, try a honey mustard or sweet chili sauce, which will add a touch of sweetness. Ultimately, the best sauce for sausage twists will depend on personal taste, so be adventurous and try out different options until you find your favorite!
Sausage twist health benefits
Unfortunately, sausage twists are not generally considered a healthy food option due to their high levels of saturated fat, sodium, and calories. Consuming too much saturated fat and sodium can contribute to high blood pressure, heart disease, and other health problems. However, there are some healthier sausage twist options that use leaner meats and lower amounts of sodium, and pairing it with healthy side dishes such as vegetables and fruit can help balance out the nutritional value of the meal. It is generally recommended to consume sausage twists in moderation as part of a balanced and varied diet.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette