Welcome to our website featuring delicious omelette recipes! Today, we have a southwestern twist on traditional scrambled eggs that is sure to leave your taste buds dancing. Our southwestern scrambled eggs recipe is a perfect balance of spicy, zesty, and savory flavors with just the right amount of protein for a satisfying breakfast. So, put on your apron and let’s get cracking! We’ve made this southwestern scrambled eggs recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Crack 4 large eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Add 1/4 cup of milk, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Whisk the ingredients together until fully blended.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add 1/4 cup each of diced green bell peppers, diced red bell peppers, and diced onion. Cook the vegetables for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and allow it to melt while swirling the skillet to coat the bottom.
- Pour the eggs gently into the skillet. Use a rubber spatula to stir the mixture occasionally for 3-4 minutes, until the eggs are set but still moist.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the eggs. Let the cheese melt for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro over the top of the eggs.
- Your southwestern scrambled eggs are now ready to be served and enjoyed!
How long does southwestern scrambled eggs last in the fridge?
Southwestern scrambled eggs can typically be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days after cooking. It is important to ensure that the eggs are fully cooked through before storing them, and they should be allowed to cool completely before being refrigerated. To reheat the eggs, they can be microwaved or reheated on the stovetop, but they should be consumed soon after reheating and should not be reheated more than once. It is also important to note that the texture and flavor of the eggs may change slightly after refrigeration and reheating, so they may not be as fresh-tasting as when originally cooked.
Low calorie southwestern scrambled eggs recipe substitutions
To make this southwestern scrambled eggs recipe lower in calories, a few substitutions can be made. First, instead of using 1 tablespoon of butter, you can use a non-stick cooking spray or reduce the amount of butter to 1 teaspoon. Second, you can reduce the amount of shredded cheddar cheese to 1/4 cup or use a low-fat cheese. Finally, you can use 2 egg whites and 2 whole eggs instead of 4 whole eggs to lower the calorie and cholesterol content. Additionally, you can serve the scrambled eggs with a side of fresh fruit or vegetables to add fiber and volume without adding calories.
What to serve with a southwestern scrambled eggs?
Southwestern scrambled eggs are a delicious and flavorful breakfast dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. For a complete breakfast, consider serving the eggs with crispy hash browns or roasted breakfast potatoes. Add a slice of toasted whole-grain bread or a warm, buttery croissant for a bit of crunch. For a healthier option, try sliced avocado or a simple side salad with mixed greens and a light vinaigrette. Top the eggs with shredded cheese, salsa, or hot sauce for an extra pop of flavor. With a combination of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats, these sides help to balance out the meal and provide energy to start the day.
Whats the best sauce for a southwestern scrambled eggs?
The best sauce for southwestern scrambled eggs is definitely salsa. Whether you prefer mild or hot, chunky or smooth, salsa provides the perfect combination of savory and slightly spicy flavors that perfectly complement the richness and creaminess of scrambled eggs. Additionally, salsa is relatively quick and easy to make, or it can be purchased pre-made in a variety of different flavors and heat levels, making it a versatile and tasty choice for breakfast. So, if you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to add some southwestern flair to your scrambled eggs, reach for the salsa!
Southwestern scrambled eggs health benefits
Southwestern scrambled eggs can be a healthy breakfast option as they provide a good source of protein from the eggs, and may include healthy ingredients such as vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes. They can also be made with olive oil, which is a healthier fat than butter. However, if you want an even healthier breakfast option, you can make a veggie and egg wrap made with a whole wheat tortilla, eggs, and vegetables like spinach, mushrooms, and zucchini. This provides a high fiber and nutrient-dense meal that will keep you full and satisfied throughout the morning.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette