Hello and welcome to our recipe for tarragon and spice deviled eggs! If you’re a fan of deviled eggs, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite. With a creamy and tangy filling made with fresh tarragon, Dijon mustard, and a pinch of cayenne pepper, these eggs pack a flavorful punch. Plus, they’re a great appetizer or snack for any occasion. So, grab your apron and let’s get started! We’ve made this tarragon and spice deviled eggs easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 12 eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish, or to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion (white part only)
- 1 pinch paprika
- 24 fresh tarragon leaves, or as needed
- Place the eggs into a saucepan and cover them with water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, remove the pan from the heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the hot water and let them cool under cold running water, then peel them.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise and remove the yolks.
- Place the yolks in a bowl and mash them with a fork until they are smooth.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, horseradish, dijon mustard, garlic, sweet pickle juice, and cider vinegar until everything is evenly mixed. You can season with salt and black pepper to your desired taste.
- Put the yolk filling into a resealable plastic bag, snip off one corner of the bag, and pipe the filling back into the cavities of the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle a pinch of paprika over each half.
- Garnish them each with a fresh tarragon leaf.
- Refrigerate the deviled eggs until you’re ready to serve them. Enjoy!
How long does tarragon and spice deviled eggs last in the fridge?
Tarragon and spice deviled eggs can typically be stored in the fridge for about 3-4 days after cooking. It’s important to make sure they are stored in an airtight container to prevent any bacteria from growing on them. Before storing the deviled eggs, it’s a good idea to make sure that they are completely cooled down to room temperature. If you’re not sure how long the deviled eggs have been sitting out, it’s best to err on the side of caution and not consume them, as they can easily spoil and make you sick.
Low calorie tarragon and spice deviled eggs substitutions
To make this recipe lower in calories, some substitutions could be made. Instead of mayonnaise, you could use a light or low-fat mayonnaise, or even Greek yogurt for a healthier option. The amount of horseradish could also be reduced or omitted to lower the calorie count. Instead of sweet pickle juice, you could use apple cider vinegar or lemon juice for a lower calorie alternative. The amount of tarragon used could be reduced, and the number of egg yolks could be reduced as well, while increasing the amount of egg whites, which are lower in calories. Overall, these substitutions would make the recipe lower in calories without compromising too much on taste.
What to serve with tarragon and spice deviled eggs?
Tarragon and spice deviled eggs are a flavorful appetizer that can be accompanied with a variety of dishes. For a light and fresh pairing, serve the deviled eggs with a simple salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber, dressed with a lemon vinaigrette. For a heartier meal, try pairing the eggs with grilled chicken or shrimp skewers brushed with a garlic and herb marinade. Roasted vegetables such as asparagus, carrots, and sweet potatoes would also be a great complement to the deviled eggs, creating a colorful and satisfying plate.
Whats the best sauce for tarragon and spice deviled eggs?
The best sauce for tarragon and spice deviled eggs would be a creamy and tangy sauce made with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and a touch of honey for sweetness. To accentuate the flavors of the tarragon and spices, fresh chopped herbs like chives and parsley can be added to the sauce. This sauce would complement the flavors of the deviled eggs perfectly and provide a nice balance of creaminess, tanginess, and sweetness. It would also add a pop of freshness with the herbs, making it a great accompaniment to any meal.
Tarragon and spice deviled eggs health benefits
Tarragon and spice deviled eggs are a healthy and delicious snack option. Tarragon is a herb that is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in antioxidants. It also helps in digestion and improves appetite. The eggs are a good source of protein and are essential for building muscle and repairing cells. The spices used in the recipe like paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper add to the health benefits by boosting metabolism, improving digestion, and reducing inflammation in the body. Overall, tarragon and spice deviled eggs are a nutritious snack that provides numerous health benefits.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette