Greetings, fellow foodies! Today, I am excited to share with you a delicious recipe for the classic Denver Omelette. This savory dish is the perfect breakfast or brunch option, featuring a fluffy egg base loaded with ham, onions, peppers, and cheese. It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. So, whether you’re a fan of spicy peppers or prefer a milder flavor, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings. Let’s get cooking and discover the joys of this all-time favorite omelette! We’ve made this the denver omelette easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup diced smoked ham
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Crack three large eggs in a small bowl and beat until just combined. Be careful not to overbeat the eggs!
- Put a skillet over medium-high heat and melt a tablespoon of butter. Once melted, add the diced smoked ham, onions, and green bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper then mix everything well. Cook and stir for around 5 minutes until the onions have softened and the ham starts to caramelize.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and mix briefly with a spatula while shaking the pan to ensure that the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Run the spatula quickly along the edges of the omelette. Sprinkle shredded Cheddar cheese and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the top of the omelette is still wet but not runny. This should take around 5 minutes. Use a spatula to fold the omelette in half and transfer the omelette to a plate. There you have it, perfect Denver Omelette!
How long does the denver omelette last in the fridge?
Once the Denver omelette is cooked, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It is important to let the omelette cool down to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container to prevent moisture buildup which can cause bacterial growth. To reheat the Denver omelette, it is recommended to use a microwave or the oven and ensure it is heated thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F to eliminate any bacterial growth. It is not recommended to freeze the Denver omelette as it may affect its texture and flavor.
Low calorie the denver omelette substitutions
To make the Denver Omelette recipe lower calorie, you can make several substitutions. Firstly, replace the butter with cooking spray or a small amount of olive oil. Secondly, use turkey or chicken ham instead of smoked ham to reduce the fat content. You can also use egg whites or egg substitute in place of whole eggs. For added flavor, use fresh herbs instead of salt and pepper. Finally, use reduced-fat cheese or a smaller amount of cheese to lower the calorie content. By making these substitutions, you can enjoy a healthier version of the Denver Omelette without compromising taste.
What to serve with the denver omelette?
Denver omelette is a classic American breakfast dish made with eggs, chopped ham, onions, and green peppers. Since it is a hearty and filling dish, it requires sides that are light and refreshing. Here are some great options to serve alongside your Denver omelette; a fresh fruit salad with mixed berries, sliced avocado, toasted bread, roasted potatoes, or a light garden salad with a citrus vinaigrette dressing. These sides are not only delicious, but they also provide a good balance of flavors and textures with the omelette.
Whats the best sauce for the denver omelette?
The Denver omelette is a classic breakfast dish that originated in the western regions of the United States. It is a delicious omelette filled with ham, peppers, onions, and cheese, and is a favorite among many. The best sauce for the Denver omelette is a simple tomato sauce. The tanginess of the tomato sauce complements the richness of the omelette and adds a burst of flavor. You can make the tomato sauce by sautéing garlic and onion in olive oil, adding crushed tomatoes and some herbs such as basil or oregano. Simmer until the sauce has thickened, season with salt and pepper, and pour over the omelette before serving. Enjoy!
The denver omelette health benefits
The Denver omelette contains a variety of healthy ingredients that provide a range of health benefits. The eggs are a good source of protein, which helps keep you full and can support muscle growth and repair. Onions and bell peppers are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, which can boost your immune system and protect against chronic diseases. Ham provides a good source of vitamin B12, which is important for nerve and blood cell health. And cheese, although high in calories and fat, contains calcium and vitamin D, which are important for bone health. Overall, the Denver omelette can be a nutritious and satisfying meal option.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette