Welcome to our delicious recipe for bacon mushroom feta omelette! This savory and satisfying dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even a quick and easy dinner. With crispy bacon, earthy mushrooms, and tangy feta cheese, this omelette is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection. So, let’s get started and whip up this tasty omelette in no time! We’ve made this bacon mushroom feta omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the chopped bacon in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the same skillet and cook until tender. Remove from the skillet and set aside with the bacon.
- Whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Heat the butter in the skillet over medium heat until melted and hot.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes or until the edges start to set.
- Using a spatula, lift the edges of the omelette and let the uncooked eggs flow underneath to cook.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon, mushrooms, and crumbled feta cheese over one half of the omelette.
- Using the spatula, fold the other half of the omelette over the filling and let cook for another minute or until the eggs are fully set and the cheese is melted.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
How long does bacon mushroom feta omelette last in the fridge?
Bacon mushroom feta omelette can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days. It is important to store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any odors from other foods in the fridge. When reheating, it is recommended to use a microwave or oven to ensure that the omelette is heated evenly throughout. It is important to note that if the omelette has been left at room temperature for more than 2 hours, it should be discarded to avoid the risk of foodborne illness.
Low calorie bacon mushroom feta omelette recipe substitutions
To make this bacon mushroom feta omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, instead of using regular bacon, turkey bacon or Canadian bacon can be used as they are lower in calories and fat. Secondly, reducing the amount of butter used or using a non-stick cooking spray can also help to lower the calorie count. Additionally, using egg whites or a combination of egg whites and whole eggs can reduce the calorie and fat content of the omelette. Finally, reducing the amount of feta cheese used or substituting it with a lower calorie cheese such as reduced-fat cheddar or mozzarella can also help to lower the calorie count. By making these substitutions, the omelette can still be delicious while being lower in calories.
What to serve with a bacon mushroom feta omelette?
There are several options to serve with a bacon mushroom feta omelette. One option is to serve it with a side of toast or a bagel. Another option is to serve it with a side of roasted potatoes or hash browns. You could also serve it with a side salad or some fresh fruit. Additionally, a cup of coffee or tea would be a great beverage to pair with this delicious breakfast dish.
Whats the best sauce for a bacon mushroom feta omelette?
The best sauce for a bacon mushroom feta omelette would be a simple garlic aioli. The creamy and garlicky flavor of the aioli complements the salty and savory flavors of the bacon and feta, while also adding a touch of tanginess to the dish. To make the aioli, mix together mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Drizzle the aioli over the omelette just before serving for a delicious and satisfying breakfast.
Bacon mushroom feta omelette health benefits
While bacon mushroom feta omelette can be a delicious and satisfying meal, it is not particularly healthy. Bacon is high in saturated fat and sodium, while feta cheese is high in sodium and cholesterol. However, mushrooms are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D and potassium. To make a healthier omelette, consider using egg whites instead of whole eggs, and adding in more vegetables such as spinach, bell peppers, and onions. You can also use a lower-fat cheese such as goat cheese or reduced-fat cheddar. This will provide a more balanced and nutritious meal.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette