Welcome to our delicious recipe for bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette! This hearty and flavorful omelette is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even a quick and easy dinner. Packed with savory bacon, earthy mushrooms, and spicy pepper jack cheese, this omelette is sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling satisfied. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and will have you whipping up a delicious omelette in no time. So let’s get cooking! We’ve made this bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the chopped bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the same skillet and cook until tender. Remove from the skillet and set aside with the bacon.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the butter in the skillet over medium heat until melted and hot.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes or until the edges start to set.
- Using a spatula, gently lift the edges of the omelette and let the uncooked eggs flow underneath.
- Once the eggs are mostly set, sprinkle the shredded pepper jack cheese over one half of the omelette.
- Add the cooked bacon and mushrooms on top of the cheese.
- Using the spatula, fold the other half of the omelette over the filling and let cook for another minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
How long does bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette last in the fridge?
It is generally recommended to consume cooked eggs and omelettes within 3-4 days of cooking if stored properly in the refrigerator. To store the bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette, allow it to cool down to room temperature before placing it in an airtight container or wrapping it tightly with plastic wrap. Make sure to label the container with the date it was cooked and stored. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure food safety. It is not recommended to freeze omelettes as they can become watery and lose their texture when thawed.
Low calorie bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette recipe substitutions
To make this Bacon Mushroom Pepper Jack Omelette recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, instead of using 3 slices of bacon, you can use turkey bacon or even omit the bacon altogether. Secondly, you can reduce the amount of butter used to cook the omelette or use a non-stick cooking spray instead. Thirdly, you can use egg whites or a combination of egg whites and whole eggs instead of using 3 whole eggs. Finally, you can reduce the amount of cheese used or use a low-fat cheese instead of pepper jack cheese. By making these substitutions, you can significantly reduce the calorie count of this recipe while still enjoying a delicious and satisfying omelette.
What to serve with a bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette?
There are several options that would pair well with a bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette. One option is to serve it with a side of roasted potatoes or hash browns for a hearty breakfast. Another option is to serve it with a side salad or fresh fruit for a lighter meal. Toast or a slice of crusty bread would also be a great addition to round out the meal. Additionally, a cup of coffee or a glass of orange juice would be a perfect beverage to accompany this delicious omelette.
Whats the best sauce for a bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette?
The best sauce for a bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette would be a creamy garlic sauce. This sauce complements the flavors of the bacon and mushrooms while adding a rich and savory taste to the omelette. To make the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan and add minced garlic. Cook for a minute or two until fragrant, then whisk in heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the sauce over the omelette and enjoy!
Bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette health benefits
While bacon mushroom pepper jack omelette can be a delicious breakfast option, it is not the healthiest choice due to its high fat and sodium content. However, mushrooms are a good source of antioxidants and vitamins, and eggs provide protein and essential nutrients. To make a healthier omelette, consider using egg whites instead of whole eggs, adding more vegetables such as spinach or bell peppers, and using a low-fat cheese or omitting the cheese altogether. You can also swap bacon for turkey bacon or lean ham. This will provide a more balanced and nutritious meal.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette