Welcome to our delicious recipe for Canadian Bacon and Cheese Omelette! This dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even a quick weeknight dinner. With its fluffy eggs, savory bacon, and melted cheese, this omelette is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Whether you are an experienced chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and can be customized to your liking. So, let’s get started and make a delicious Canadian Bacon and Cheese Omelette that will leave your taste buds wanting more! We’ve made this canadian bacon and cheese omelette easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack three eggs into a small bowl and beat them with a fork or whisk until they are well blended.
- Add 2 slices of diced Canadian bacon to the beaten eggs.
- Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the egg mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter or oil to the pan. Heat the butter or oil until it is hot.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Use a spatula to gently move the egg mixture around the pan, making sure that it is evenly distributed.
- When the omelette starts to set and the edges begin to cook, use a spatula to gently lift the edges of the omelette and allow the uncooked eggs to flow to the bottom of the pan.
- When the top of the omelette is almost set, fold it in half using the spatula.
- Let the omelette cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness.
- Use the spatula to slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
- Enjoy your delicious Canadian Bacon and Cheese Omelette!
How long does canadian bacon and cheese omelette last in the fridge?
Canadian bacon and cheese omelette can typically be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent it from becoming dry or absorbing any unwanted odors from other items in the fridge. When storing an omelette, it is also best to let it cool completely before placing it in the fridge. Reheating the omelette should be done in a microwave or a frying pan, just long enough to heat it through, but not too much to avoid drying out the eggs. It is also important to ensure the omelette is stored at a safe temperature to avoid spoilage or food-borne illness.
Low calorie canadian bacon and cheese omelette substitutions
To make this Canadian Bacon and Cheese Omelette recipe lower calorie, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, instead of using three whole eggs, you could use two whole eggs and one egg white to reduce the amount of calories and cholesterol. Additionally, you could use reduced-fat cheese instead of shredded cheddar cheese. Finally, you could use a non-stick cooking spray instead of butter or oil to reduce the amount of fat and calories. These substitutions would make the omelette less caloric while still maintaining its taste and nutritional value.
What to serve with canadian bacon and cheese omelette?
There are many delicious options to serve with a Canadian bacon and cheese omelette, depending on your personal preference. For a classic breakfast combination, you can serve it with some crispy hash browns or pan-fried potatoes, a slice of buttered toast or a bagel on the side. If you prefer a healthier option, you can serve it with a mixed green salad or some roasted vegetables. For a heartier meal, you can add some sautéed mushrooms or onions to the omelette or serve it with some cooked bacon or sausage. Additionally, a cup of coffee or a glass of orange juice can complete your breakfast.
Whats the best sauce for canadian bacon and cheese omelette?
A great sauce for a Canadian bacon and cheese omelette would be hollandaise sauce. Hollandaise sauce is a rich, creamy and buttery sauce made from egg yolks and clarified butter, with a hint of lemon juice. It pairs perfectly with the salty flavor of the Canadian bacon and the melted cheese in the omelette. It’s also easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients, and it’s a classic sauce that’s sure to impress any breakfast guests.
Canadian bacon and cheese omelette health benefits
A Canadian bacon and cheese omelette can provide several health benefits. Canadian bacon is a good source of protein and is lower in fat compared to traditional bacon. Cheese is an excellent source of calcium, which can help support bone health. Eggs, the main ingredient in an omelette, are rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, the combination of protein and fat in this dish can help keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer, potentially aiding in weight management. However, it is important to remember to consume these foods in moderation as they can also be high in sodium and cholesterol.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette