Welcome to our recipe for crunchy chicken and corn fritters! If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that is packed with flavor and texture, then you have come to the right place. Our fritters are made with tender chicken, sweet corn, and a crispy coating that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. Whether you’re looking for a tasty breakfast, a satisfying lunch, or a delicious dinner, these fritters are perfect for any occasion. So, let’s get started and make some mouth-watering fritters that everyone will love! We’ve made this crunchy chicken and corn fritters easy to follow 👨🍳.
- Plain (all-purpose) ﬂour 125 g (41/2 oz) Salt 1/4 tsp
- Eggs 2
- Milk 180 ml (6 ﬂ oz / 3/4 cup)
- Chicken 150 g (5 oz), cut into small cubes
- Corn kernels 175 g (6 oz)
- Green capsicum (bell pepper) 1, white pith removed, seeded and ﬁnely chopped
- Cooking oil for pan-frying
- Sift the flour and salt together into a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and add the eggs.
- Gradually add the milk, drawing the flour in from the sides of the bowl. Mix until a smooth, creamy batter is achieved.
- Stir in the chicken, corn kernels, and capsicum and leave to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Take a large pan and add enough oil to cover the cooking surface.
- Heat the oil until it is smoking, then add 3-4 spoonfuls of batter to the pan, depending on the size of the pan.
- Fry the fritters for about 2 minutes or until they are golden brown and puffy around the edges.
- Turn over the fritters to fry the other side.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and drain them on absorbent paper.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until it is used up.
- Serve the fritters hot.
How long does crunchy chicken and corn fritters last in the fridge?
Crunchy chicken and corn fritters can typically be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store them properly in an airtight container or resealable bag to prevent them from drying out and absorbing any odors from other foods in the fridge. When reheating, it is best to use an oven or toaster oven to maintain their crispy texture, rather than a microwave which may result in them becoming soggy. Additionally, it is important to always check for any signs of spoilage or odor before consuming any leftover food.
Low calorie crunchy chicken and corn fritters substitutions
Here are some substitutions that would make this recipe lower in calories: instead of plain (all-purpose) flour, you could use whole wheat flour or a gluten-free mix for fewer carbohydrates. Using egg whites instead of whole eggs can lower the fat and calorie content further. To replace the milk, you could use unsweetened almond milk or skim milk. To make it even lower calorie, you can reduce the amount of oil used for pan-frying the fritters or use a non-stick cooking spray instead. Lastly, instead of deep-frying chicken, you could bake it in the oven with some seasoning for a healthier protein option.
What to serve with crunchy chicken and corn fritters?
Crunchy chicken and corn fritters are a delicious option for a main course, and they pair well with a variety of side dishes. For a healthy and light option, a side salad with mixed greens, sliced avocado, and a light vinaigrette can be a refreshing compliment to the rich flavors of the fritters. For a heartier option, roasted sweet potatoes or sautéed green beans with garlic and butter can add a satisfying level of comfort to the meal. Additionally, a dollop of sour cream or a side of salsa can provide a tangy kick to the fritters, depending on your personal tastes.
Whats the best sauce for crunchy chicken and corn fritters?
The best sauce for crunchy chicken and corn fritters is a spicy mayo sauce. To make the sauce, mix mayonnaise with a dash of hot sauce, a squeeze of lime juice, minced garlic, and some chopped cilantro. Adjust the spiciness according to your preference. The tangy and spicy flavor of the sauce complements the crispiness of the fritters. It also adds a zesty kick to enhance the taste of the chicken and corn. The creamy texture of the mayo balances the crunchiness of the fritters, making it a perfect dipping sauce.
Crunchy chicken and corn fritters health benefits
Crunchy chicken and corn fritters are a delicious and nutritious meal that can provide a range of health benefits. Chicken is an excellent source of protein, which helps to build and repair muscle tissue, while corn is high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Eating fritters made from chicken and corn can provide satiety, help regulate blood sugar levels, and promote a healthy digestive system. Additionally, using whole-grain flour in the batter can further increase the fiber and nutrient content of the dish. However, it’s important to note that deep-frying the fritters can add unhealthy fats and calories, so it’s best to bake or pan-fry them for a healthier option.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette