Welcome to Omelette Recipes! Today we’ll be diving into the delicious world of Ukrainian cuisine with a recipe for Chicken Kiev. This classic dish features tender chicken breasts, seasoned butter, and a crunchy, golden breadcrumb coating. Whether you’re looking for a special meal to impress your dinner guests or simply want to try something new, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Let’s get started! We’ve made this ukrainian chicken kiev easy to follow 👨🍳.
- Butter 175 g (6 oz)
- Lemon 1, grated for zest and squeezed for juice
- Garlic 2 cloves, peeled and crushed
- Chopped chives 3 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts 6 large pieces, boned and skinned
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil for deep-frying
- Eggs 2, beaten
- Dried white breadcrumbs 175 g (6 oz)
- Mash 175g butter with the grated zest and juice of one lemon, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, and 3 tablespoons of chopped chives. Mold the mixture into a rectangle, wrap it in foil, and then refrigerate it.
- Lay 6 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them flat with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Remove the plastic wrap and season the chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.
- Working quickly, cut the chilled butter mixture into six fingers and place one along the center of each chicken fillet. Fold the chicken tightly over the butter to enclose it completely. Wrap each chicken parcel in plastic wrap and freeze them for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep-frying in a large pan.
- Remove the chicken parcels from the freezer and unwrap them.
- Dip each chicken parcel into 2 beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip back into the bowl, then coat them with 175g of dried white breadcrumbs. Firmly press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken parcels so the coating is secure.
- Lower 2-3 parcels into the hot oil, depending on the size of the pan, and fry them for 5-6 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove them from the oil and drain them on absorbent paper. Repeat to cook the remaining parcels.
- Serve the Ukrainian chicken kiev hot.
How long does ukrainian chicken kiev last in the fridge?
Ukrainian chicken Kiev is a delicious dish made with chicken fillet stuffed with garlic butter and herbs. After cooking, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It’s important to properly store the chicken Kiev to prevent bacterial growth, which can cause food poisoning. Before consuming the chicken Kiev, make sure to reheat it thoroughly to ensure it’s heated all the way through. You can reheat it in the oven, microwave, or on a stove-top depending on your preference and available resources. Always use caution when reheating food and never consume chicken Kiev that has been sitting in the fridge for longer than 3 days.
Low calorie ukrainian chicken kiev substitutions
To make this Ukrainian chicken kiev recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, instead of using butter, you can use a low-fat butter or margarine substitute. You could also use a cooking spray instead of oil for deep-frying to reduce the amount of added fat. Instead of using white breadcrumbs, you can use whole wheat breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs for a healthier option. Additionally, you can use egg whites instead of whole eggs to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the dish. By making these substitutions, this recipe can be made lower in calories without compromising the taste.
What to serve with ukrainian chicken kiev?
Ukrainian Chicken Kiev is a delicious and filling dish on its own, but it is even better when paired with complementary sides. A popular choice is to serve steamed or roasted vegetables such as green beans, asparagus, or carrots. A side of mashed potatoes or rice pilaf is also a classic choice. A light salad with mixed greens and a simple vinaigrette can help cut through the richness of the dish. For a heartier meal, try serving some crusty bread or garlic bread as well. Whatever you choose, make sure to have plenty of napkins on hand for the inevitable messy fingers!
Whats the best sauce for ukrainian chicken kiev?
The best sauce for Ukrainian Chicken Kiev is a light cream sauce with a touch of garlic. This sauce complements the flavorful buttery interior of the chicken while also adding a bit of richness. To make the sauce, sauté some minced garlic in a little bit of butter until fragrant. Next, add some heavy cream and bring it to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. This sauce is easy to make and adds the perfect finishing touch to your Ukrainian Chicken Kiev.
Ukrainian chicken kiev health benefits
Ukrainian Chicken Kiev is a delicious and nutritious dish that has a variety of health benefits. Firstly, chicken is an excellent source of lean protein which is essential for building and repairing muscles, bones, and tissues in the body. Additionally, the use of butter and garlic in Chicken Kiev can help to boost the immune system and improve heart health. Garlic has been shown to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease, while butter is a good source of healthy fats. Finally, the inclusion of herbs and spices in Chicken Kiev, such as parsley and paprika, provide a range of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to protect against chronic diseases and promote overall well-being.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette