Welcome to one of the most versatile breakfast recipes in the culinary world – the classic Eggs Essen omelette! With simple ingredients and easy preparation, this dish is perfect for a lazy Sunday brunch or a quick weekday breakfast. A fluffy and creamy omelette filled with savory smoked salmon, tangy cream cheese, and topped with fresh chives, this recipe is sure to impress your family and friends. So, grab your eggs and let’s get cracking! We’ve made this eggs essen easy to follow 👨🍳.
- Olive oil 4 Tbsp
- Onion 1, medium-sized, peeled and ﬁnely chopped
- Potatoes 2, medium-sized, peeled and diced
- Ham 55 g (2 oz), sliced Green capsicum
- (bell pepper) 1, small, white pith
- removed, seeded and ﬁnely chopped
- Canned peeled
- tomatoes 230 g (71/2 oz), drained
- and chopped
- Frankfurters 8, cut into 1-cm (1/2-in)
- Dried basil 1/4 tsp
- Eggs 6
- Salt 1 tsp
- Ground black
- pepper 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Place a pan over medium heat and add olive oil to it. Once heated, add the finely chopped onion and diced potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally until the onions and potatoes are soft.
- To the same pan, add sliced ham, finely chopped green capsicum, drained and chopped canned tomatoes, sliced frankfurters, and dried basil. Stir occasionally and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer the mixture to a medium-sized ovenproof dish. Use a knife to smooth the top surface.
- Break 6 eggs on top of the mixture in the ovenproof dish and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the egg whites are set.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
How long does eggs essen last in the fridge?
Eggs that have been cooked can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. It’s important to store them in an airtight container to prevent the spread of bacteria and to ensure they don’t absorb any odors from other foods in the fridge. If you’re unsure if your cooked eggs are still safe to eat, give them a sniff. If they smell funky or off, it’s best to err on the side of caution and toss them out.
Low calorie eggs essen substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, a few substitutions can be made. First, the olive oil can be replaced with a non-stick cooking spray to reduce the amount of fat used. Second, the amount of ham and frankfurters can be reduced or replaced with leaner protein sources such as grilled chicken or turkey sausage. Third, the number of eggs can be reduced and replaced with additional vegetables such as spinach or mushrooms to add bulk and fiber without adding many calories. Finally, low-fat cheese can be used instead of full-fat cheese, or the cheese can be omitted altogether to reduce the overall calorie and fat content of the recipe. With these substitutions, the recipe can still be delicious and satisfying while being lower in calories and fat.
What to serve with eggs essen?
Eggs essen is a simple and classic dish, consisting of fried eggs served over seasoned sliced potatoes and onions. To complement this savory breakfast or brunch dish, you could serve it with some fresh fruit on the side, such as sliced strawberries or a mixed berry salad. Additionally, bacon or sausage links would also pair well with eggs essen for those who prefer a heartier meal. To round out the dish, a piece of crusty bread or a toasted English muffin could be served alongside it for some added texture and flavor.
Whats the best sauce for eggs essen?
The best sauce for eggs essen is Hollandaise sauce. It is a rich and flavorful sauce made with egg yolks, butter, and lemon juice. The smooth and creamy texture of Hollandaise sauce perfectly complements the buttery and fluffy texture of the eggs essen. It also adds a tangy and buttery flavor to the dish, taking the taste of eggs essen to the next level. Hollandaise sauce is also versatile, making it a great addition to other breakfast dishes such as eggs Benedict, asparagus, and salmon.
Eggs essen health benefits
Eggs are a rich source of high-quality protein, vitamins, and minerals. Eating eggs is linked to improved eye health and lower risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and stroke. They contain choline, an important nutrient that plays a role in brain health and may reduce the risk of birth defects. Eggs are also a satiating food, meaning they help you feel full and satisfied, which may lead to reduced calorie intake and weight loss in some individuals. However, it is important to note that some people may be allergic to eggs, and the cholesterol in egg yolks may be a concern for those with certain health conditions, so moderation and individual considerations are key.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette