Welcome to this delicious Punjabi Egg Omelette recipe! This dish combines the beloved flavors and spices of Punjab with the simple and satisfying goodness of an omelette. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner, this recipe is easy to make and sure to please anyone who loves a little bit of heat and spice in their meals. Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or just starting out in the kitchen, this Punjabi Egg Omelette is a must-try recipe that is sure to become a new favorite in your repertoire. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this mouth-watering dish! We’ve made this punjabi egg recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and set aside.2. In a large skillet, heat ghee or butter over medium heat.3. Add the onion and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.4. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.5. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt and stir to combine.6. Add the chopped tomato and cook until it has softened and broken down, about 5 minutes.7. Add the cream or yogurt and cook for another minute or two.8. Add the hard-boiled eggs to the skillet, cut side down, and spoon the tomato and spice mixture over the eggs.9. Cover the skillet and cook over low heat until the eggs are heated through, about 5 minutes.10. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
How long does punjabi egg last in the fridge?
Punjabi egg is typically a dish made with eggs, onions, tomatoes, and spices. Once cooked, the dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. It is important to let the dish cool down to room temperature before placing it in the fridge to prevent any bacterial growth. To reheat, simply microwave or warm it up in a pan on low heat until it is heated through. As with any food, it is important to use your best judgment and discard any leftovers that have an off odor or appearance.
Low calorie punjabi egg recipe substitutions
To make this Punjabi Egg recipe lower in calories, we can make a few substitutions. Instead of using ghee or butter, we can use a vegetable oil spray or a small amount of olive oil. We can also reduce the amount of cream or plain yogurt by half or eliminate it entirely, and substitute with low-fat yogurt or cottage cheese. Additionally, we can reduce the number of eggs used or replace them with egg whites. Instead of serving the eggs with rice or naan, we can pair them with a side salad or steamed vegetables. Lastly, we can reduce the amount of salt and choose low-sodium versions of spices. These substitutions will make the recipe lower in calories and much healthier without compromising its flavor.
What to serve with a punjabi egg?
Punjabi egg is a delicious dish that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is a simple and flavorful dish that can be served with a variety of different sides. Some great options to serve with Punjabi egg include toasted bread, naan bread, roti, or paratha. These breads are perfect for scooping up the egg and the spicy tomato sauce. Other great options include sliced tomatoes or cucumbers, a small salad, or some yogurt raita. The tangy, creamy flavor of yogurt raita is the perfect complement to the spicy Punjabi egg. Finally, you can also serve Punjabi egg with some chai tea or a refreshing glass of lassi to help balance out the spicy flavor.
Whats the best sauce for a punjabi egg?
For Punjabi egg, the best sauce to use would be a spicy tomato-based curry sauce. This sauce is made by sautéing finely chopped onions and garlic until they are golden brown. Add tomato puree, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, and red pepper flakes, and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens. Then add the hard-boiled eggs to the curry sauce, coat them with the sauce and let them simmer for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or naan bread. This sauce adds a delicious, tangy and spicy flavor to the eggs, making it a perfect combination.
Punjabi egg health benefits
There is no such recipe as Punjabi egg. However, there are many egg-based recipes that are healthy. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, vitamins D, B12, and choline, which can help improve brain function. They also contain antioxidants that can help reduce the risk of heart disease and age-related macular degeneration. Some healthy egg-based recipes include vegetable omelets, egg salad sandwiches made with whole-grain bread, and boiled eggs served with fruit or vegetables on the side.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette