Welcome to the delicious and easy recipe of Ham Onion Mozzarella Omelette! This omelette is a perfect breakfast or brunch option that is loaded with savory ham, sauteed onions, and creamy mozzarella cheese. It’s a simple recipe that can be whipped up in just a few minutes, making it perfect for busy mornings or lazy weekends. So, grab your skillet and let’s get cooking! We’ve made this ham onion mozzarella omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack three large eggs into a bowl. Whisk the eggs thoroughly until the yolks and whites are perfectly combined. Add salt and pepper to the mixture and set aside.
- Place a non-stick skillet on a stove over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of butter to the skillet and let it melt.
- Add two tablespoons of chopped onions to the melted butter in the skillet. Stir the onions until they become soft and translucent. Make sure to cook them for 3-4 minutes.
- When the onions become translucent, add 1/4 cup of chopped ham to the skillet. Cook it along with the onions until both of them are slightly brown. This might take around 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet over the onions and ham. Tilt the pan in different directions to let the egg mixture spread evenly over the pan’s surface. Cook the eggs for 1-2 minutes until they start to set.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the omelette. Use a spatula to fold the omelette in half and let it cook for approximately one minute. During this time, the cheese should melt, and the eggs should be cooked through.
- Finally, slide the omelette onto a plate using the spatula and serve hot to enjoy a delicious ham onion mozzarella omelette.
How long does ham onion mozzarella omelette last in the fridge?
Ham onion mozzarella omelette, like any cooked food, should be stored in the fridge within 2 hours after cooking to avoid bacteria growth. It can be stored in an airtight container, and will remain good for up to 3-4 days. If you’re not planning to eat it within this time frame, you may freeze it for up to 2-3 months for later use. However, be sure to reheat the omelette thoroughly before eating it again. It’s worth noting that the texture and taste may not be the same after reheating, so it’s best to consume it fresh if possible.
Low calorie ham onion mozzarella omelette recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, instead of using 3 large eggs, you could use 2 large eggs and 1/4 cup of egg whites. This cuts down on calories and cholesterol. You could also use turkey ham instead of regular ham, which is lower in fat and calories. To reduce the amount of butter, you could use a non-stick cooking spray or 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil instead. Instead of using mozzarella cheese, you could use a low-fat cheese or reduce the amount of cheese to 1 tablespoon. These substitutions can significantly reduce the calorie content of the omelette without compromising on taste.
What to serve with a ham onion mozzarella omelette?
There are several options that you can serve with ham onion mozzarella omelette. One suggestion could be a side of crispy roasted potatoes seasoned with garlic and herbs. Another option is to serve a fresh fruit salad with a variety of sliced fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi. You can also serve a side salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers tossed in a light vinaigrette dressing. Lastly, you can offer a slice of whole grain toast or a muffin to complement the omelette. All of these side dishes enhance the flavors of the ham onion mozzarella omelette and create a satisfying and well-balanced meal.
Whats the best sauce for a ham onion mozzarella omelette?
There are many sauces that could complement a ham, onion and mozzarella omelette, but a classic option is Hollandaise sauce. This creamy sauce made from egg yolks, butter, and lemon juice adds a tangy and buttery flavor that pairs well with the savory and salty ingredients in the omelette. The richness of Hollandaise sauce balances the protein of the ham and mozzarella cheese. A sprinkle of finely chopped parsley or a pinch of paprika on top of the sauce would add a nice color and dimension to the dish.
Ham onion mozzarella omelette health benefits
The ham onion mozzarella omelette can provide a good amount of protein and calcium from the ham and mozzarella cheese. However, it may also be high in saturated fat and sodium from the ham and cheese. To make a healthier recipe, you can try making a vegetable omelette with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and a small amount of cheese. This will provide a good source of fiber and lots of vitamins and minerals, while reducing the saturated fat and sodium content.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette