Hello omelette lovers! Are you in the mood for a delicious and healthy breakfast option? Look no further than this Mediterranean Omelette recipe. Packed with flavor and nutrients, this omelette is loaded with fresh vegetables, creamy feta cheese, and savory herbs. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a newbie in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to make and perfect for any time of day. Let’s get started! We’ve made this mediterranean omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup of chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Whisk together 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley, 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together 1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese, 1/4 cup of chopped roasted red peppers, and 1/4 cup of chopped kalamata olives in a separate bowl.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then swirl to coat bottom of skillet.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook until set on the bottom, about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip omelette and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Sprinkle feta, red peppers, and olives mixture over half of omelette, then fold other half over the mixture.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve immediately.
How long does mediterranean omelette last in the fridge?
Mediterranean omelette can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to let the omelette cool down to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container or covering it with plastic wrap. To reheat, place the omelette in a microwave-safe dish and heat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. It is important to note that the texture and flavor may change slightly after being refrigerated and reheated, so it is best to enjoy the omelette fresh if possible.
Low calorie mediterranean omelette recipe substitutions
To make this Mediterranean omelette recipe lower in calories, there are several substitutions that can be made. First, you can use egg whites instead of whole eggs. This can result in fewer calories and less cholesterol. Secondly, you can use a lower-fat cheese such as reduced-fat feta cheese or even goat cheese. Lastly, you can reduce or eliminate the amount of olive oil or use a cooking spray to help sauté the peppers instead. By making these substitutions, this recipe can be made to fit into a lower calorie and healthier diet without sacrificing the delicious Mediterranean flavors.
What to serve with a mediterranean omelette?
Mediterranean omelettes are a flavorful and healthy breakfast option. To complement the omelette, you can serve a side salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese, lightly dressed with olive oil and lemon juice. You can also add a side of fresh fruit, such as sliced melon or berries, and some freshly baked bread or toast with butter or jam to complete the meal. A cup of freshly brewed coffee or tea will be a perfect beverage to enjoy with the omelette.
Whats the best sauce for a mediterranean omelette?
The best sauce for Mediterranean omelette is undoubtedly tzatziki, a classic Greek yogurt-based sauce that perfectly complements the flavors in the dish. Made with grated cucumber, garlic, and fresh herbs like dill or mint, tzatziki is light and refreshing, and adds a tangy creaminess to the omelette that is hard to beat. To make it, simply mix together plain Greek yogurt, finely grated cucumber, minced garlic, chopped fresh herbs, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Serve it alongside your omelette for a delicious and healthy breakfast or brunch option that will transport your taste buds straight to the Mediterranean!
Mediterranean omelette health benefits
Mediterranean omelette is a great breakfast choice, as it offers many health benefits. It can be made with a combination of eggs, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach, and feta cheese. This omelette provides high-quality protein from eggs and feta cheese, while the vegetables provide vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber. Spinach is rich in iron and calcium, while bell peppers and tomatoes are high in vitamin C. Finally, the use of olive oil in cooking adds healthy fats that are good for the heart. Overall, Mediterranean omelette is a nutritious, balanced, and delicious breakfast option.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette