Welcome to Omelette Recipes! Today, I’m excited to share with you my recipe for a deliciously rich chocolate cream that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. This decadent dessert can be served on its own or as a topping for waffles, pancakes, or even omelets. With just a few simple ingredients and some whisking, you can create a velvety smooth and indulgent treat that is perfect for any occasion. Let’s get started! We’ve made this rich chocolate cream easy to follow 👨🍳.
- Dark (semi-sweet) cooking
- chocolate 115 g (4 oz), broken
- into small pieces
- Castor (superﬁne)
- sugar 55 g (2 oz)
- Milk 315 ml (101/2 ﬂ oz / 11/4 cups)
- Egg yolks 4
- Dark rum or
- brandy 3 Tbsp Double (heavy)
- cream 315 ml (101/2 ﬂ oz /
- 11/4 cups)
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- (confectioner’s) sugar (optional)
- Place the broken chocolate pieces, castor sugar, and milk in a heavy saucepan and cook it over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves and chocolate melts. Stir it frequently to prevent it from scorching.
- In a heatproof mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and gradually add the melted chocolate mixture while beating constantly.
- Set the mixing bowl in a pan half-filled with hot water over low heat, and stir the mixture constantly with a wooden spoon until it coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove the mixing bowl from heat and stir in the dark rum or brandy. Set it aside to cool completely while stirring it occasionally.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the double cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate custard mixture and blend it thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a chilled glass serving bowl or individual glasses and refrigerate it for four hours.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder on top as a garnish (optional). You can also dust the icing sugar to decorate, if you prefer.
How long does rich chocolate cream last in the fridge?
Rich chocolate cream can generally be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, assuming it was cooked and stored properly. It is important to let the cream cool down to room temperature before putting it in the refrigerator. Any remaining cream should be covered with plastic wrap or a tight-fitting lid to prevent it from developing a film or absorbing any unwanted flavors from the fridge. Before consuming any leftover chocolate cream, it is also important to give it a quick stir to ensure that it is evenly mixed and has not separated. If the cream smells or looks off, or if you are unsure of its safety, it is best to err on the side of caution and discard it.
Low calorie rich chocolate cream substitutions
To make this chocolate cream recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, using a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of the castor sugar can cut down on calories. Secondly, using skim milk instead of whole milk can reduce the calorie content further. Thirdly, using egg whites instead of egg yolks can bring down the calorie count as egg yolks are high in fat and cholesterol. Lastly, using a light or low-fat cream instead of double (heavy) cream can also reduce the overall calories. By combining these substitutions, a lower calorie yet delicious chocolate cream can be prepared.
What to serve with rich chocolate cream?
There are multiple options to serve with rich chocolate cream. You can serve it plain with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. If you want to add some crunch, sprinkle some toasted nuts, such as hazelnuts or almonds, on top of the chocolate cream. Fresh berries, like strawberries or raspberries, can also balance the decadence of the chocolate cream with their bright flavors. You can also serve it with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream to create a contrast between the hot chocolate cream and cold ice cream. Lastly, if you want a little bit of salt, sprinkle a pinch of coarse sea salt on top of the chocolate cream for a sweet and salty treat.
Whats the best sauce for rich chocolate cream?
The best sauce for rich chocolate cream is raspberry sauce, as it provides a delicious and complementary contrast to the sweetness of the chocolate. The tanginess and acidity of the raspberries helps to cut through the richness of the chocolate, creating a harmonious balance of flavors. This sauce can be made by pureeing fresh or frozen raspberries with sugar and a little water, and then straining out the seeds before serving. Drizzle it over the top of your chocolate dessert for a beautiful and tasty presentation. Other good options for chocolate sauces include caramel sauce, vanilla cream sauce, or a decadent chocolate ganache.
Rich chocolate cream health benefits
While chocolate cream may taste delicious, it is not typically considered to be a healthy food. Most types of chocolate cream are high in calories, sugar and fat which can contribute to weight gain and an increased risk of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure. However, some studies suggest that consuming dark chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa (70% or more) may have some health benefits thanks to the presence of flavonoids and antioxidants. These compounds can help to lower blood pressure, improve circulation, and reduce inflammation in the body. So while eating rich chocolate cream is not necessarily a health-promoting choice, consuming small amounts of high-quality dark chocolate can provide some potential health benefits.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette