Hello and welcome to our omelette recipes website! Today we’re excited to share with you a simple and delicious recipe for perfectly cooked eggs. Whether you’re just starting out as a cook or you’re an experienced home chef, this recipe is sure to impress. With just a few ingredients and some basic techniques, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of these simply good eggs anytime you’re in the mood for something quick and satisfying. So grab your apron and let’s get cooking! We’ve made this simply good eggs easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika, or as desired
- Place the eggs in a large pot and add enough cold, salted water to cover them. Make sure the water is salted, as this will help prevent the eggs from cracking while they cook.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat. As soon as the water comes to a boil, remove the pot from the heat and cover it with a lid.
- Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water in the covered pot for 15 minutes. This will cook the eggs perfectly and make them easy to peel.
- After 15 minutes, pour out the hot water and transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool them down. This will also help make the eggs easier to peel.
- When the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel them and slice them in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the yolks from the egg halves and place them in a separate bowl. Set the egg whites aside on a plate or in a dish.
- Add mayonnaise, dill pickle relish, white sugar, yellow mustard, cider vinegar, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the egg yolks. Use a fork or whisk to mash the yolks and mix everything together until it is smooth and well combined.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle a pinch of paprika over the top of each egg half, if desired.
- Cover the eggs and place them in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour before serving. This will make them extra delicious and help the filling set up. Enjoy!
How long does simply good eggs last in the fridge?
Cooked eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. However, it is important to store them properly to ensure their safety and quality. Cooked eggs should be placed in a sealed container or zip-top bag and stored in the refrigerator at a temperature of 40°F or below. It is also important to avoid storing eggs in the door of the fridge, as the temperature can fluctuate. If you are unsure if the eggs are safe to eat or have an off odor or appearance, it is best to discard them to prevent the risk of foodborne illness.
Low calorie simply good eggs substitutions
To make this Simply Good Eggs recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, replacing regular mayonnaise with a light or low-fat version can significantly reduce the number of calories and fat content. Alternatively, using Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise also works as a healthier substitute. Dill pickle relish can be swapped with diced pickles or celery, which have minimal calories and provide crunch to the stuffing. White sugar can be replaced with a natural sweetener like stevia or honey, although the latter may add a slight flavor to the recipe. Additionally, using egg whites instead of whole eggs can further reduce the calorie and fat content of this recipe. Making these substitutions can significantly lower the calorie content while still maintaining the delicious taste of the Simply Good Eggs recipe.
What to serve with simply good eggs?
There are several tasty options for side dishes to accompany simply good eggs. One classic option is toast, which can be used to soak up any remaining egg yolk or white and add a nice crunch. Another option is bacon or sausage, which adds a savory and salty contrast to the egg’s flavor. For a healthier option, consider serving fresh fruit or veggies like avocado or tomato slices. Lastly, potatoes are a versatile option that can be diced and fried, mashed, or roasted in any number of ways to create a filling and satisfying side dish for your eggs.
Whats the best sauce for simply good eggs?
The best sauce for simply good eggs would be hollandaise sauce. This rich and creamy sauce is made from egg yolks, butter, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. It complements the flavor of eggs perfectly and adds a touch of elegance to any breakfast or brunch. To make hollandaise sauce, whisk together 3 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Add in 1 stick of melted butter while whisking continuously until the sauce is thick and creamy. Serve immediately over poached or scrambled eggs for a truly delicious meal.
Simply good eggs health benefits
Simply good eggs are an excellent source of protein, containing all of the essential amino acids needed by the human body. They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, and iron. Eating eggs can promote heart health by increasing HDL (the “good” cholesterol) levels and decreasing triglycerides. The choline in eggs is important for brain development and function. Furthermore, eggs are a versatile and affordable food option, making them a great addition to any healthy diet.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette