Hello and welcome to our Omelette Recipes website! Today we have a delicious recipe that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Our turkey cilantro cheddar omelette combines the savory flavor of turkey and cheddar with the fresh taste of cilantro. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to impress your family and friends. So, let’s get started and make a scrumptious omelette! We’ve made this turkey cilantro cheddar omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked and chopped turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- Take a bowl and crack open 3 large eggs into it. Use a fork or whisk to beat the eggs until they are combined.
- Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of cooked and chopped turkey breast, and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro to the eggs and mix everything well. Make sure everything is evenly incorporated and season the mixture with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter to the skillet. Make sure the oil or butter is evenly distributed across the pan.
- Pour the egg and ingredient mixture into the skillet and then let it cook for 2-3 minutes, allowing the edges of the omelette to set.
- Use a spatula to carefully lift up the edges of the omelette and let the uncooked egg mixture underneath. Be careful not to tear the omelette.
- Cook the omelette for another 2-3 minutes, or until the omelette is set and the cheese is melted.
- Use the spatula to fold the omelette in half and then transfer it to a plate.
- If desired, garnish the omelette with additional chopped cilantro before serving.
How long does turkey cilantro cheddar omelette last in the fridge?
It is recommended to consume leftover omelettes within 3-4 days of cooking for safe consumption. This is because bacterial growth on prepared dishes can happen quickly, even when refrigerated. To increase the longevity of the omelette, it is best to store it in an airtight container and place it in the coldest part of the fridge. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly, aiming for an internal temperature of 165°F, to kill any potential bacteria. However, it is always recommended to use your best judgement and if the omelette looks or smells off, discard it to avoid any risks of foodborne illness.
Low calorie turkey cilantro cheddar omelette recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Instead of using shredded cheddar cheese, a lower calorie option would be to use a fat-free or reduced-fat cheese such as mozzarella or Swiss. Alternatively, consider using a plant-based cheese alternatives made from nuts or soy. Additionally, using only egg whites instead of whole eggs can dramatically reduce the calorie count. Instead of cooking the turkey breast in oil, try boiling or baking it for a healthier option. Finally, instead of using butter or oil to coat the skillet, use a non-stick cooking spray. Choosing these substitutions will result in a tasty and healthier version of the turkey cilantro cheddar omelette.
What to serve with turkey cilantro cheddar omelette?
There are several delicious sides that would pair well with a turkey cilantro cheddar omelette. One idea is to serve a side salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and a tangy vinaigrette. Another option is to pair the omelette with some roasted potatoes seasoned with rosemary and garlic. Alternatively, you could serve some fresh fruit on the side such as sliced melon or berries to balance out the savory flavors of the omelette. Whatever you choose, don’t forget to offer some hot coffee or tea to enjoy with the meal.
Whats the best sauce for turkey cilantro cheddar omelette?
The best sauce for a turkey cilantro cheddar omelette is a creamy avocado sauce. To make this sauce, blend together avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder, and salt until smooth. The creaminess of the avocado and Greek yogurt pair well with the bold flavors of cilantro and cheddar, while the tanginess of the lime juice adds a refreshing touch to the dish. Drizzle the sauce over the omelette or serve it on the side for dipping. This sauce not only elevates the flavors of the omelette, but also adds a healthy touch to the meal.
Turkey cilantro cheddar omelette health benefits
A turkey cilantro cheddar omlette can offer a number of health benefits. Turkey is a great source of lean protein, which can help build and repair muscles, and keep you feeling full for longer. Cilantro adds flavor and antioxidants, while cheddar cheese provides calcium and vitamin D for strong bones. However, it is important to note that the health benefits of this recipe also depend on how it is prepared. Using excessive amounts of oil or butter to cook the omelette can add unnecessary calories and saturated fats. Overall, this is a pretty healthy recipe as long as it is cooked carefully. If you are looking for an even healthier alternative, you could make a vegetable and egg white omelette instead, which would provide essential nutrients and fewer calories.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette