Hello and welcome to our website dedicated to omelette recipes! Today, we’re excited to share with you a delicious and savory recipe for a chorizo tomato cheddar omelette. This hearty omelette is packed with flavor and protein, making it the perfect breakfast or brunch dish to help you start your day off on the right foot. So let’s get cooking and create a delicious meal! We’ve made this chorizo tomato cheddar omelette recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled chorizo
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Whisk together 2 large eggs, 2 tbsp. milk, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until light and frothy.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup crumbled chorizo and cook until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup diced tomatoes to the skillet and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the chorizo and tomatoes from the skillet and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and let it melt over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook until the bottom is set and the top is slightly runny, for about 3 minutes.
- Place the chorizo and tomatoes on one side of the omelette, and then sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese on top of them.
- Using a spatula, fold the other side of the omelette over the filling and press down gently. Cook for an additional minute or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are fully cooked.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve hot.
How long does chorizo tomato cheddar omelette last in the fridge?
Chorizo tomato cheddar omelette can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It should be placed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator as soon as possible after cooking to prevent any bacteria from growing. When ready to reheat, the omelette can be microwaved or reheated in a nonstick pan on low heat until heated through. It is important to note that the longer an omelette sits in the fridge, the drier it may become, so it is best to consume it within the recommended time frame.
Low calorie chorizo tomato cheddar omelette recipe substitutions
Here are some substitutions that can make this recipe lower in calories:1. Use egg whites instead of whole eggs. This will significantly reduce the calorie and fat content of the dish.2. Use turkey chorizo instead of pork chorizo. Turkey chorizo has fewer calories and less fat than pork chorizo, making it a healthier choice.3. Use low-fat cheddar cheese or a smaller amount of regular cheese. This will reduce the overall fat content of the dish.4. Use cooking spray instead of butter to cook the eggs. This will further reduce the calorie and fat content of the dish.Using these substitutions will help you create a lower calorie version of this delicious Chorizo Tomato Cheddar Omelette.
What to serve with chorizo tomato cheddar omelette?
A great side dish to serve with a chorizo tomato cheddar omelette is a simple arugula salad with a lemon vinaigrette dressing. The peppery taste of the arugula pairs well with the bold flavors of the chorizo and tomato, while the tangy dressing adds a refreshing touch to balance out the richness of the cheese and eggs. You could also serve some crusty bread on the side to round out the meal and satisfy any carb cravings.
Whats the best sauce for chorizo tomato cheddar omelette?
One of the best sauce options for a chorizo tomato cheddar omelette is a creamy avocado sauce. The creaminess of the avocado complements the spicy and tangy flavors of the chorizo and tomato, while providing a cool and refreshing contrast. To make the sauce, simply blend together ripe avocado, lime juice, sour cream, garlic, and salt until smooth. Drizzle the sauce over the omelette or serve on the side for dipping. Alternatively, if you prefer a more traditional option, a spicy salsa or chipotle mayo would also pair well with this flavorful omelette.
Chorizo tomato cheddar omelette health benefits
While a chorizo tomato cheddar omelette may be a tasty meal, it may not be the healthiest option due to the high amounts of saturated fat and cholesterol found in chorizo and cheddar cheese. Some potential health benefits could come from the tomatoes in the dish, which are a good source of vitamins C and K and antioxidants. However, in order to make the omelette healthier, consider swapping out the chorizo and cheddar cheese for healthier proteins and fats, such as spinach and feta cheese or mushrooms and avocado. By incorporating more nutrient-dense ingredients into the dish, you can improve its health benefits and create a delicious, well-rounded meal.
Turkey and Cheese Omelette
Goat Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Tomato and Mozzarella Omelette